The Senate Appropriations Committee just announced that they would vote on Wednesday whether or not to slash the Value-Added Producer Grant program. Please call Missouri Senator Roy Blunt to let him know you oppose cutting this program. This competitive grants program helps farmers develop new businesses, build markets, and increase profits. Such enterprises increase farm [...]
Slow Spotlight: City Greens
Shhh. Did you know that there’s a secret club for locavores with a social justice bent? City Greens is a community market in The Grove stocking all local, chemical-free produce, bread, dairy, eggs and meat.
Slow Spotlight: Mac’s Local Buys
Chris McKenzie of Mac’s Local Buys applied for a Slow Food St. Louis micro-grant in 2012 to purchase coolers – long, white coolers that may be familiar to campers or fishermen – that just so happen nestle snugly like the pieces of a Jenga puzzle into the back of his SUV. At first thought, coolers may be a strange thing to seek funding for to some.
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (48991 views)
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (38003 views)
- Restaurants (19911 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (19397 views)
- Become a Member (18897 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (18540 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (18322 views)
- Events (14059 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (13742 views)
- Our Mission (13467 views)