Monday, August 18 – Filmmaker Ian Cheney planted a 1/1000th-acre farm in the back of his 1986 Dodge pick-up-truck in the spring of 2009, after coming to New York City and lacking any other place of his own to grow food.
Truck Farm – a mobile community farm, and a public art and education project – is a project of Slow Food St. Louis. If you would like to bring the Truck Farm to your school, summer camp or other community event, please fill out this form. Truck Farm St. Louis Presentation
TRUCK FARM tells the story of the small farms in America’s largest city. Using green roof technology, lightweight soil, and heirloom seeds, director Ian Cheney plants a vegetable garden on the only land he’s got: the bed of his Grandad’s old pickup truck.
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (63408 views)
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (56151 views)
- Restaurants (34966 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (31690 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (30018 views)
- Become a Member (28021 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (27661 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (25717 views)
- Whole Foods Market's Grass-Fed Beef Burger Cook-Off (22340 views)
- Our Mission (21026 views)