Monday, August 18 - Filmmaker Ian Cheney planted a 1/1000th-acre farm in the back of his 1986 Dodge pick-up-truck in the spring of 2009, after coming to New York City and lacking any other place of his own to grow food.
Truck Farm – a mobile community farm, and a public art and education project – is a project of Slow Food St. Louis. If you would like to bring the Truck Farm to your school, summer camp or other community event, please fill out this form. Truck Farm St. Louis Presentation
TRUCK FARM tells the story of the small farms in America’s largest city. Using green roof technology, lightweight soil, and heirloom seeds, director Ian Cheney plants a vegetable garden on the only land he’s got: the bed of his Grandad’s old pickup truck.
SloWednesday: Backyard Farm
Wednesday, September 10 - Join the Sadicario family to see how they’ve transformed their suburban back yard into a production garden in just a few short years.
Outstanding in the Field
Sunday, October 5 - This year Outstanding in the Field, a traveling farm pop up dining experience, makes its debut with St. Louis chef Josh Galliano of The Libertine joined by Clayton and Ryan Trimm of Sweetgrass restaurants.
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (55895 views)
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (53338 views)
- Restaurants (29357 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (27790 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (24288 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (24108 views)
- Become a Member (23465 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (21494 views)
- Our Mission (17589 views)
- Events (17429 views)