Monday, August 18 - Filmmaker Ian Cheney planted a 1/1000th-acre farm in the back of his 1986 Dodge pick-up-truck in the spring of 2009, after coming to New York City and lacking any other place of his own to grow food.
Truck Farm – a mobile community farm, and a public art and education project – is a project of Slow Food St. Louis. If you would like to bring the Truck Farm to your school, summer camp or other community event, please fill out this form. Truck Farm St. Louis Presentation
TRUCK FARM tells the story of the small farms in America’s largest city. Using green roof technology, lightweight soil, and heirloom seeds, director Ian Cheney plants a vegetable garden on the only land he’s got: the bed of his Grandad’s old pickup truck.
‘Genetic Roulette’ Screeing at the Wolf
Monday, November 24 - Join Slow Food St. Louis and The Wolf Café for a free screening of “Genetic Roulette”.
Announcing Art of Food 2014
Slow Food St. Louis, a non-profit organization dedicated to celebrating and supporting local food traditions, is pleased to announce that our 9th annual fundraiser, Art of Food, will be held on Friday, November 7th, from 6:00 to 10:00 pm, at The Luminary (2701 Cherokee St, 63118).
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (59029 views)
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (54103 views)
- Restaurants (30873 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (28662 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (26389 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (25209 views)
- Become a Member (25072 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (22011 views)
- Our Mission (18459 views)
- Events (18180 views)