Truck Farm – a mobile community farm, and a public art and education project – is a project of Slow Food St. Louis. If you would like to bring the Truck Farm to your school, summer camp or other community event, email email@example.com. Truck Farm St. Louis Presentation
TRUCK FARM tells the story of the small farms in America’s largest city. Using green roof technology, lightweight soil, and heirloom seeds, director Ian Cheney plants a vegetable garden on the only land he’s got: the bed of his Grandad’s old pickup truck.
Sign Up Time for Your 2014 CSA
So you want to join a CSA? We are now so very fortunate to have lots of options for Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) in and around the St. Louis area.
Drop. Swap. Grow. Seed Swap March 1
The event is FREE (suggested $3 donation at the door), but you must register in advance to participate. Bring seeds to share, any amount is fine by us. Please, no expired seeds! Seeds may be store-bought or harvested from your garden.
Microgrant Applications Online!
Slow Food St. Louis Small Farm Biodiversity Micro Grant Program has been supporting the preservation of biodiversity in the St. Louis (and surrounding area) food system since 2009. To date they have awarded $50,000 to small scale, local farmers, supporting more than 200 heirloom varieties and heritage breeds.
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (51379 views)
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (46735 views)
- Restaurants (24666 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (21907 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (21837 views)
- Become a Member (21166 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (20441 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (19020 views)
- Events (15832 views)
- Our Mission (15602 views)