Monday, August 18 – Filmmaker Ian Cheney planted a 1/1000th-acre farm in the back of his 1986 Dodge pick-up-truck in the spring of 2009, after coming to New York City and lacking any other place of his own to grow food.
Truck Farm – a mobile community farm, and a public art and education project – is a project of Slow Food St. Louis. If you would like to bring the Truck Farm to your school, summer camp or other community event, please fill out this form. Truck Farm St. Louis Presentation
TRUCK FARM tells the story of the small farms in America’s largest city. Using green roof technology, lightweight soil, and heirloom seeds, director Ian Cheney plants a vegetable garden on the only land he’s got: the bed of his Grandad’s old pickup truck.
Announcing Feast in the Field 2015!
Slow Food St. Louis is proud to present our 10th annual Feast in the Field event on Sunday, June 7th. This dinner is a celebration in honor of La Vista CSA Farm and their dedication to help feed Saint Louis sustainably.
SloWednesday: Garlic Harvesting & Curing
Wednesday, June 10 – Help St. Louis achieve independence from imported garlic as we enter the harvesting phase of Crop Sourcing: Project Garlic, and learn lessons and lore on garlic harvesting and curing.
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (63143 views)
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (55954 views)
- Restaurants (34455 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (31418 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (29781 views)
- Become a Member (27698 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (27359 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (25466 views)
- Whole Foods Market's Grass-Fed Beef Burger Cook-Off (22121 views)
- Our Mission (20689 views)