Slow Food St. Louis Small Farm Biodiversity Micro Grant Program has been supporting the preservation of biodiversity in the St. Louis (and surrounding area) food system since 2009. To date they have awarded $30,000 to small scale, local farmers, supporting more than 200 heirloom varieties and heritage breeds.
Food On Film: Genetic Roulette
Monday, October 28 - You won’t look at food the same way again. Genetic Roulette exposes the dirt behind Big-Biotech’s big failed experiment. Never before seen evidence points to genetically engineered foods as a major contributor to rising disease rates in the US population.
SLOWednesday – SLU Nutrition & Dietetics
Wednesday, October 9 - Saint Louis University Department of Nutrition and Dietetics will join us to highlight their efforts to support local farmers through food processing for local schools and the newly established shared use kitchen.
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (50611 views)
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (44210 views)
- Restaurants (23138 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (21271 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (21217 views)
- Become a Member (20403 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (20143 views)
- Events (15390 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (15079 views)
- Our Mission (14829 views)