Wednesday, September 11 – Join us for Farming and Fracking, a discussion of the importance of small rural farmers, what they do for our communities and how hydraulic fracturing (fracking) is endangering this niche in rural communities.
Learn how iScream Cakes, the ReTrailer and Whisk Bakeshop started or grew their businesses at Schlafly Farmers Market and other local markets. And Gateway Harvest will talk about how they are investing in St. Louis’ sustainable food system and local economy.
Please join us for SLOWednesday on July 10 at Schlafly Bottleworks at 7:30 pm for an engaging conversation and screening about what Slow Food is and how we can find our way to eating Good, Clean, and Fair food.
Each month a different farmer from the Schlafly Farmers Market will speak about their farm, giving you the opportunity to get to know your food and its origins. On October 10, we will feature two farms from Illinois that have community-supported agriculture subscriptions (CSAs) available for the 2013 season.
On Wednesday, September 12, SLOWednesday will feature Buila Family Farm from Cobden, IL. The Buila family – Michael and Sarah and their sons Misha and Sasha – grows nearly 250 different varieties of fruits and vegetables with no chemical pesticides, herbicides or fertilizers.
On July 11, we have a very special SLOWednesday featuring authors Maddie Earnest and Liz Fathman of “Missouri Harvest: A Guide to Growers and Producers in the Show-Me State” for a reading & book signing.
On the second Wednesday of each month between June and October, join Slow Food St. Louis and the Schlafly Bottleworks as they present SLOWednesday after the Maplewood Farmers Market. August’s featured farmer is Three Rivers Community Farm.
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (63415 views)
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (56155 views)
- Restaurants (34986 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (31698 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (30025 views)
- Become a Member (28026 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (27665 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (25722 views)
- Whole Foods Market's Grass-Fed Beef Burger Cook-Off (22346 views)
- Our Mission (21035 views)