Wednesday, April 8 – Join Slow Food St. Louis, Schlafly Farmers Market manager Brian DeSmet, and Gabriel Hahn of Seeds of Hope Farm to learn about the SNAP 2 It! Double Dollar program.
Wednesday, August 13 – Growing Cities is a documentary film that examines the role of urban farming in America and asks how much power it has to revitalize our cities and change the way we eat.
Wednesday, June 11 – We are excited to announce a new project from Slow Food St. Louis. Allium Sativum! No, it’s not a Harry Potter spell, it’s Latin for garlic. We want to grow garlic, lots of garlic and we need you to help us!
Wednesday, May 14 – Seeds of Freedom charts the story of seed from its roots at the heart of traditional, diversity-rich farming systems across the world, to being transformed into a powerful commodity, used to monopolize the global food system.
Slow Food St. Louis is pleased to announce the 2014 SLOWednesday schedule, with a selection of educational events and a series of films that will not only whet your appetite for local, sustainable food, but will bring out the activist in you as well.
Wednesday, October 9 – Saint Louis University Department of Nutrition and Dietetics will join us to highlight their efforts to support local farmers through food processing for local schools and the newly established shared use kitchen.
SloWednesday: Garlic Harvesting & Curing
Wednesday, June 10 – Help St. Louis achieve independence from imported garlic as we enter the harvesting phase of Crop Sourcing: Project Garlic, and learn lessons and lore on garlic harvesting and curing.
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (63285 views)
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (56059 views)
- Restaurants (34721 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (31568 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (29908 views)
- Become a Member (27879 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (27531 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (25601 views)
- Whole Foods Market's Grass-Fed Beef Burger Cook-Off (22235 views)
- Our Mission (20866 views)