The national Slow Food organization has declared a Day of Action on Saturday, September 17, in order to challenge the nation to come together, share a meal, and converse about what needs to change with the food in our country. Your challenge is to “take back the value meal” by cooking a “slow food” meal for $5 or less per person!
Slow Spotlight: City Greens
Shhh. Did you know that there’s a secret club for locavores with a social justice bent? City Greens is a community market in The Grove stocking all local, chemical-free produce, bread, dairy, eggs and meat.
Slow Spotlight: Mac’s Local Buys
Chris McKenzie of Mac’s Local Buys applied for a Slow Food St. Louis micro-grant in 2012 to purchase coolers – long, white coolers that may be familiar to campers or fishermen – that just so happen nestle snugly like the pieces of a Jenga puzzle into the back of his SUV. At first thought, coolers may be a strange thing to seek funding for to some.
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (48991 views)
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (38000 views)
- Restaurants (19910 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (19392 views)
- Become a Member (18896 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (18534 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (18320 views)
- Events (14059 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (13742 views)
- Our Mission (13465 views)