Join us Wednesday, September 9, 2009 at the Schlafly Bottleworks for SLOWednesday with Farrar Out Farm. Farrar Out Farm is a small family farm located about 90 miles south of St. Louis. Farmers Bryan and Christina Truemper have a passion for cooking and eating great food. They started their farm venture because they realized that […]
On the second Wednesday of each month between May and October, join Slow Food St. Louis and the Schlafly Bottleworks as they present SLOWednesday after the Maplewood Farmers’ Market. Each month a different farmer from the market will speak about their farm, giving you the opportunity to get to know your food, its origins, and […]
Join us at Schlafly Bottleworks (7260 Southwest Ave, 63143) for tonight’s installment of the SLOWednesday series. At 6:30 pm, we’ll feature the opportunity to meet in our Garden with Jack Petrovic, Gardenworks Manager, and learn about the challenges and joys of urban restaurant gardening. At 7:30 pm, we’ll move inside to the Crown Room to […]
Mark your calendars, this year’s SLOWednesday events start just two weeks from tomorrow, and the first is sure to be a hit… May 13, 2009: Terra Madre Update Intended to foster discussion and introduce innovative concepts in the field of food, gastronomy, globalization, and economics, Terra Madre is a bi-annual conference hosted by Slow Food […]
Announcing Feast in the Field 2015!
Slow Food St. Louis is proud to present our 10th annual Feast in the Field event on Sunday, June 7th. This dinner is a celebration in honor of La Vista CSA Farm and their dedication to help feed Saint Louis sustainably.
SloWednesday: Garlic Harvesting & Curing
Wednesday, June 10 – Help St. Louis achieve independence from imported garlic as we enter the harvesting phase of Crop Sourcing: Project Garlic, and learn lessons and lore on garlic harvesting and curing.
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (63134 views)
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (55945 views)
- Restaurants (34439 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (31408 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (29768 views)
- Become a Member (27685 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (27347 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (25457 views)
- Whole Foods Market's Grass-Fed Beef Burger Cook-Off (22112 views)
- Our Mission (20672 views)