Join us Wednesday, September 9, 2009 at the Schlafly Bottleworks for SLOWednesday with Farrar Out Farm. Farrar Out Farm is a small family farm located about 90 miles south of St. Louis. Farmers Bryan and Christina Truemper have a passion for cooking and eating great food. They started their farm venture because they realized that [...]
On the second Wednesday of each month between May and October, join Slow Food St. Louis and the Schlafly Bottleworks as they present SLOWednesday after the Maplewood Farmers’ Market. Each month a different farmer from the market will speak about their farm, giving you the opportunity to get to know your food, its origins, and [...]
Join us at Schlafly Bottleworks (7260 Southwest Ave, 63143) for tonight’s installment of the SLOWednesday series. At 6:30 pm, we’ll feature the opportunity to meet in our Garden with Jack Petrovic, Gardenworks Manager, and learn about the challenges and joys of urban restaurant gardening. At 7:30 pm, we’ll move inside to the Crown Room to [...]
Mark your calendars, this year’s SLOWednesday events start just two weeks from tomorrow, and the first is sure to be a hit… May 13, 2009: Terra Madre Update Intended to foster discussion and introduce innovative concepts in the field of food, gastronomy, globalization, and economics, Terra Madre is a bi-annual conference hosted by Slow Food [...]
SloWednesday: SNAP For Local Food!
Wednesday, April 8 - Join Slow Food St. Louis, Schlafly Farmers Market manager Brian DeSmet, and Gabriel Hahn of Seeds of Hope Farm to learn about the SNAP 2 It! Double Dollar program.
Grants Help Farmers Seed a Delicious Future
St. Louis’ food future beckons with delicious variety because of investments being made this year in Missouri and Illinois farmers through Slow Food St. Louis’ biodiversity grants.
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (61563 views)
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (55024 views)
- Restaurants (33498 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (30157 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (28256 views)
- Become a Member (26892 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (26701 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (24521 views)
- Whole Foods Market's Grass-Fed Beef Burger Cook-Off (21002 views)
- Our Mission (19966 views)