The Saucers tipped us off to a community garden workshop by way of The Daily Sauce… Those of us who spend our spare time – or at least a portion of it – working in a community garden, stooped over pulling weeds and tilling soil, love it come harvest time. Nothing beats fresh-pulled lettuce, just-picked [...]
SloWednesday: Growing Cities
Wednesday, August 13 - Growing Cities is a documentary film that examines the role of urban farming in America and asks how much power it has to revitalize our cities and change the way we eat.
SloWednesday: The Harvest
Wednesday, July 9 - Every year, more than 400,000 American children are torn away from their friends, schools, and homes to pick the food we all eat. “The Harvest” profiles some of the children who sacrifice their own childhoods to help their families survive.
A Farmer Collaborative Dinner between Niche, Blood & Sand and Berger Bluff Farms to Benefit Slow Food!
We are thrilled to announce that Niche and Blood & Sand are joining forces with Berger Bluff Farms to create a Farmer Collaborative Dinner on July 24th at Niche Restaurant to benefit Slow Food St. Louis! NICHE and BLOOD & SAND Five Courses Featuring Local Missouri Produce From Lee & Ingrid [...]
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (53963 views)
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (52908 views)
- Restaurants (28232 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (27385 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (23709 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (23333 views)
- Become a Member (22745 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (21279 views)
- Our Mission (17078 views)
- Events (16978 views)