The Slow Spotlight is a series of regular blog posts exploring the story of our food. The series reports on local farms, “slow” food products/businesses, and the preservation (or creation) of food traditions with occasional coverage of relevant organizations, issues, and events.
Each month a different farmer from the market will speak about their farm, giving you the opportunity to get to know your food, its origins, and most important, its producers. The culinary staff of the Schlafly Bottleworks will also cook a special meal utilizing products from the featured farm. June’s featured farmer is Nicola Macpherson of Ozark Forest Mushrooms.
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (63407 views)
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (56150 views)
- Restaurants (34964 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (31689 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (30017 views)
- Become a Member (28020 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (27660 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (25717 views)
- Whole Foods Market's Grass-Fed Beef Burger Cook-Off (22340 views)
- Our Mission (21025 views)