The Slow Spotlight is a series of regular blog posts exploring the story of our food. The series reports on local farms, “slow” food products/businesses, and the preservation (or creation) of food traditions with occasional coverage of relevant organizations, issues, and events.
Each month a different farmer from the market will speak about their farm, giving you the opportunity to get to know your food, its origins, and most important, its producers. The culinary staff of the Schlafly Bottleworks will also cook a special meal utilizing products from the featured farm. June’s featured farmer is Nicola Macpherson of Ozark Forest Mushrooms.
SloWednesday: Local Food Challenge
Wednesday, May 13 - Explore what it means for health and wealth when we strengthen the local food system at “Eat Here! The Local Food Challenge and the $16 Billion Market”.
SloWednesday: SNAP For Local Food!
Wednesday, April 8 - Join Slow Food St. Louis, Schlafly Farmers Market manager Brian DeSmet, and Gabriel Hahn of Seeds of Hope Farm to learn about the SNAP 2 It! Double Dollar program.
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (62465 views)
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (55535 views)
- Restaurants (34121 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (30737 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (29147 views)
- Become a Member (27379 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (27103 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (25099 views)
- Whole Foods Market's Grass-Fed Beef Burger Cook-Off (21622 views)
- Our Mission (20400 views)