The Slow Spotlight is a series of regular blog posts exploring the story of our food. The series reports on local farms, “slow” food products/businesses, and the preservation (or creation) of food traditions with occasional coverage of relevant organizations, issues, and events.
Each month a different farmer from the market will speak about their farm, giving you the opportunity to get to know your food, its origins, and most important, its producers. The culinary staff of the Schlafly Bottleworks will also cook a special meal utilizing products from the featured farm. June’s featured farmer is Nicola Macpherson of Ozark Forest Mushrooms.
Feast in the Field Tickets On Sale!
Slow Food St. Louis is pleased to announce that our 9th annual Feast in the Field, a multi-course dining extravaganza crafted by St. Louis’ top culinary talent, will be held on Sunday, June 8, 2014.
SLOWednesdays After Schlafly Farmers Market
Slow Food St. Louis is pleased to announce the 2014 SLOWednesday schedule, with a selection of educational events and a series of films that will not only whet your appetite for local, sustainable food, but will bring out the activist in you as well.
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (52198 views)
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (49561 views)
- Restaurants (25785 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (23323 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (22472 views)
- Become a Member (21611 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (20738 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (20732 views)
- Events (16208 views)
- Our Mission (16063 views)