The Slow Spotlight is a series of regular blog posts exploring the story of our food. The series reports on local farms, “slow” food products/businesses, and the preservation (or creation) of food traditions with occasional coverage of relevant organizations, issues, and events.
Each month a different farmer from the market will speak about their farm, giving you the opportunity to get to know your food, its origins, and most important, its producers. The culinary staff of the Schlafly Bottleworks will also cook a special meal utilizing products from the featured farm. June’s featured farmer is Nicola Macpherson of Ozark Forest Mushrooms.
Sustainable Backyard Tour Seeks Yard Hosts
The Sustainable Backyard Tour, held each year in June, is a unique opportunity to see firsthand how homeowners in St. Louis City and County are transforming their yards in a range of environmentally sensitive ways.
Sign Up Time for Your 2014 CSA
So you want to join a CSA? We are now so very fortunate to have lots of options for Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) in and around the St. Louis area.
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (51403 views)
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (46821 views)
- Restaurants (24741 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (21948 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (21859 views)
- Become a Member (21194 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (20462 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (19190 views)
- Events (15856 views)
- Our Mission (15634 views)