The Slow Spotlight is a series of regular blog posts exploring the story of our food. The series reports on local farms, “slow” food products/businesses, and the preservation (or creation) of food traditions with occasional coverage of relevant organizations, issues, and events.
Each month a different farmer from the market will speak about their farm, giving you the opportunity to get to know your food, its origins, and most important, its producers. The culinary staff of the Schlafly Bottleworks will also cook a special meal utilizing products from the featured farm. June’s featured farmer is Nicola Macpherson of Ozark Forest Mushrooms.
Outstanding in the Field
Sunday, October 5 - This year Outstanding in the Field, a traveling farm pop up dining experience, makes its debut with St. Louis chef Josh Galliano of The Libertine joined by Clayton and Ryan Trimm of Sweetgrass restaurants.
‘Truck Farm’ Screening at The Wolf
Monday, August 18 - Filmmaker Ian Cheney planted a 1/1000th-acre farm in the back of his 1986 Dodge pick-up-truck in the spring of 2009, after coming to New York City and lacking any other place of his own to grow food.
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (54869 views)
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (53086 views)
- Restaurants (28688 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (27583 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (23931 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (23677 views)
- Become a Member (23023 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (21372 views)
- Our Mission (17280 views)
- Events (17134 views)