The Slow Spotlight is a series of regular blog posts exploring the story of our food. The series reports on local farms, “slow” food products/businesses, and the preservation (or creation) of food traditions with occasional coverage of relevant organizations, issues, and events.
Each month a different farmer from the market will speak about their farm, giving you the opportunity to get to know your food, its origins, and most important, its producers. The culinary staff of the Schlafly Bottleworks will also cook a special meal utilizing products from the featured farm. June’s featured farmer is Nicola Macpherson of Ozark Forest Mushrooms.
‘Genetic Roulette’ Screeing at the Wolf
Monday, November 24 - Join Slow Food St. Louis and The Wolf Café for a free screening of “Genetic Roulette”.
Announcing Art of Food 2014
Slow Food St. Louis, a non-profit organization dedicated to celebrating and supporting local food traditions, is pleased to announce that our 9th annual fundraiser, Art of Food, will be held on Friday, November 7th, from 6:00 to 10:00 pm, at The Luminary (2701 Cherokee St, 63118).
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (59735 views)
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (54301 views)
- Restaurants (31356 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (28905 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (26787 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (25477 views)
- Become a Member (25444 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (22183 views)
- Our Mission (18757 views)
- Whole Foods Market's Grass-Fed Beef Burger Cook-Off (18729 views)