The Slow Spotlight is a series of regular blog posts exploring the story of our food. The series reports on local farms, “slow” food products/businesses, and the preservation (or creation) of food traditions with occasional coverage of relevant organizations, issues, and events.
Each month a different farmer from the market will speak about their farm, giving you the opportunity to get to know your food, its origins, and most important, its producers. The culinary staff of the Schlafly Bottleworks will also cook a special meal utilizing products from the featured farm. June’s featured farmer is Nicola Macpherson of Ozark Forest Mushrooms.
Announcing Art of Food 2014
Slow Food St. Louis, a non-profit organization dedicated to celebrating and supporting local food traditions, is pleased to announce that our 9th annual fundraiser, Art of Food, will be held on Friday, November 7th, from 6:00 to 10:00 pm, at The Luminary (2701 Cherokee St, 63118).
SloWednesday: Backyard Farm
Wednesday, September 10 - Join the Sadicario family to see how they’ve transformed their suburban back yard into a production garden in just a few short years.
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (57628 views)
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (53768 views)
- Restaurants (30135 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (28281 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (25463 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (24750 views)
- Become a Member (24248 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (21724 views)
- Our Mission (18024 views)
- Events (17789 views)