The Slow Spotlight is a series of regular blog posts exploring the story of our food. The series reports on local farms, “slow” food products/businesses, and the preservation (or creation) of food traditions with occasional coverage of relevant organizations, issues, and events.
Each month a different farmer from the market will speak about their farm, giving you the opportunity to get to know your food, its origins, and most important, its producers. The culinary staff of the Schlafly Bottleworks will also cook a special meal utilizing products from the featured farm. June’s featured farmer is Nicola Macpherson of Ozark Forest Mushrooms.
2015 Microgrant Applications Online!
Slow Food St. Louis offers grant money to further support biodiversity in the St. Louis (and surrounding area) food system. We are now accepting grant applications for the 2015 growing season.
‘Genetic Roulette’ Screeing at the Wolf
Monday, November 24 - Join Slow Food St. Louis and The Wolf Café for a free screening of “Genetic Roulette”.
Announcing Art of Food 2014
Slow Food St. Louis, a non-profit organization dedicated to celebrating and supporting local food traditions, is pleased to announce that our 9th annual fundraiser, Art of Food, will be held on Friday, November 7th, from 6:00 to 10:00 pm, at The Luminary (2701 Cherokee St, 63118).
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (60600 views)
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (54617 views)
- Restaurants (32233 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (29420 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (27295 views)
- Become a Member (26178 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (25976 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (22503 views)
- Whole Foods Market's Grass-Fed Beef Burger Cook-Off (20549 views)
- Our Mission (19270 views)