The Slow Spotlight is a series of regular blog posts exploring the story of our food. The series reports on local farms, “slow” food products/businesses, and the preservation (or creation) of food traditions with occasional coverage of relevant organizations, issues, and events.
Each month a different farmer from the market will speak about their farm, giving you the opportunity to get to know your food, its origins, and most important, its producers. The culinary staff of the Schlafly Bottleworks will also cook a special meal utilizing products from the featured farm. June’s featured farmer is Nicola Macpherson of Ozark Forest Mushrooms.
‘Genetic Roulette’ Screeing at the Wolf
Monday, November 24 - Join Slow Food St. Louis and The Wolf Café for a free screening of “Genetic Roulette”.
Announcing Art of Food 2014
Slow Food St. Louis, a non-profit organization dedicated to celebrating and supporting local food traditions, is pleased to announce that our 9th annual fundraiser, Art of Food, will be held on Friday, November 7th, from 6:00 to 10:00 pm, at The Luminary (2701 Cherokee St, 63118).
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (58987 views)
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (54080 views)
- Restaurants (30815 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (28632 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (26316 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (25182 views)
- Become a Member (25018 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (21989 views)
- Our Mission (18431 views)
- Events (18162 views)