The Slow Spotlight is a series of regular blog posts exploring the story of our food. The series reports on local farms, “slow” food products/businesses, and the preservation (or creation) of food traditions with occasional coverage of relevant organizations, issues, and events.
Each month a different farmer from the market will speak about their farm, giving you the opportunity to get to know your food, its origins, and most important, its producers. The culinary staff of the Schlafly Bottleworks will also cook a special meal utilizing products from the featured farm. June’s featured farmer is Nicola Macpherson of Ozark Forest Mushrooms.
SLOWednesdays After Schlafly Farmers Market
Slow Food St. Louis is pleased to announce the 2014 SLOWednesday schedule, with a selection of educational events and a series of films that will not only whet your appetite for local, sustainable food, but will bring out the activist in you as well.
Ark of Taste Dinner Menu at The Libertine
Come to The Libertine the evening of April 13th for our first ever Slow Food St. Louis Ark of Taste Dinner. Help save endangered foods by eating them!
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (52152 views)
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (49444 views)
- Restaurants (25693 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (23164 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (22436 views)
- Become a Member (21578 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (20714 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (20631 views)
- Events (16184 views)
- Our Mission (16036 views)