The Slow Spotlight is a series of regular blog posts exploring the story of our food. The series reports on local farms, “slow” food products/businesses, and the preservation (or creation) of food traditions with occasional coverage of relevant organizations, issues, and events.
Each month a different farmer from the market will speak about their farm, giving you the opportunity to get to know your food, its origins, and most important, its producers. The culinary staff of the Schlafly Bottleworks will also cook a special meal utilizing products from the featured farm. June’s featured farmer is Nicola Macpherson of Ozark Forest Mushrooms.
SloWednesday: Garlic Harvesting & Curing
Wednesday, June 10 – Help St. Louis achieve independence from imported garlic as we enter the harvesting phase of Crop Sourcing: Project Garlic, and learn lessons and lore on garlic harvesting and curing.
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (63288 views)
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (56061 views)
- Restaurants (34729 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (31571 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (29911 views)
- Become a Member (27882 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (27533 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (25603 views)
- Whole Foods Market's Grass-Fed Beef Burger Cook-Off (22238 views)
- Our Mission (20867 views)