The Slow Spotlight is a series of regular blog posts exploring the story of our food. The series reports on local farms, “slow” food products/businesses, and the preservation (or creation) of food traditions with occasional coverage of relevant organizations, issues, and events.
Each month a different farmer from the market will speak about their farm, giving you the opportunity to get to know your food, its origins, and most important, its producers. The culinary staff of the Schlafly Bottleworks will also cook a special meal utilizing products from the featured farm. June’s featured farmer is Nicola Macpherson of Ozark Forest Mushrooms.
SloWednesday: Backyard Farm
Wednesday, September 10 - Join the Sadicario family to see how they’ve transformed their suburban back yard into a production garden in just a few short years.
Outstanding in the Field
Sunday, October 5 - This year Outstanding in the Field, a traveling farm pop up dining experience, makes its debut with St. Louis chef Josh Galliano of The Libertine joined by Clayton and Ryan Trimm of Sweetgrass restaurants.
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (55755 views)
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (53315 views)
- Restaurants (29279 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (27751 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (24250 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (24017 views)
- Become a Member (23422 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (21473 views)
- Our Mission (17548 views)
- Events (17399 views)