Mad City Chickens documents the return of the urban backyard chicken in Madison, Wisconsin. It is a sometimes serious, sometimes whimsical look at the people who keep chickens in their backyards. From chicken experts and authors to a rescued landfill hen or an inexperienced family that decides to take the poultry plunge.
SloWednesday: Backyard Farm
Wednesday, September 10 - Join the Sadicario family to see how they’ve transformed their suburban back yard into a production garden in just a few short years.
Outstanding in the Field
Sunday, October 5 - This year Outstanding in the Field, a traveling farm pop up dining experience, makes its debut with St. Louis chef Josh Galliano of The Libertine joined by Clayton and Ryan Trimm of Sweetgrass restaurants.
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (55793 views)
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (53326 views)
- Restaurants (29316 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (27766 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (24272 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (24062 views)
- Become a Member (23448 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (21481 views)
- Our Mission (17573 views)
- Events (17413 views)