Mad City Chickens documents the return of the urban backyard chicken in Madison, Wisconsin. It is a sometimes serious, sometimes whimsical look at the people who keep chickens in their backyards. From chicken experts and authors to a rescued landfill hen or an inexperienced family that decides to take the poultry plunge.
SloWednesday: The Harvest
Wednesday, July 9 - Every year, more than 400,000 American children are torn away from their friends, schools, and homes to pick the food we all eat. “The Harvest” profiles some of the children who sacrifice their own childhoods to help their families survive.
A Farmer Collaborative Dinner between Niche, Blood & Sand and Berger Bluff Farms to Benefit Slow Food!
We are thrilled to announce that Niche and Blood & Sand are joining forces with Berger Bluff Farms to create a Farmer Collaborative Dinner on July 24th at Niche Restaurant to benefit Slow Food St. Louis! NICHE and BLOOD & SAND Five Courses Featuring Local Missouri Produce From Lee & Ingrid [...]
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (53180 views)
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (52726 views)
- Restaurants (27671 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (27248 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (23438 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (23010 views)
- Become a Member (22508 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (21167 views)
- Our Mission (16848 views)
- Events (16823 views)