Mad City Chickens documents the return of the urban backyard chicken in Madison, Wisconsin. It is a sometimes serious, sometimes whimsical look at the people who keep chickens in their backyards. From chicken experts and authors to a rescued landfill hen or an inexperienced family that decides to take the poultry plunge.
Sign Up Time for Your 2014 CSA
So you want to join a CSA? We are now so very fortunate to have lots of options for Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) in and around the St. Louis area.
Drop. Swap. Grow. Seed Swap March 1
The event is FREE (suggested $3 donation at the door), but you must register in advance to participate. Bring seeds to share, any amount is fine by us. Please, no expired seeds! Seeds may be store-bought or harvested from your garden.
Microgrant Applications Online!
Slow Food St. Louis Small Farm Biodiversity Micro Grant Program has been supporting the preservation of biodiversity in the St. Louis (and surrounding area) food system since 2009. To date they have awarded $50,000 to small scale, local farmers, supporting more than 200 heirloom varieties and heritage breeds.
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (51389 views)
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (46789 views)
- Restaurants (24717 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (21930 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (21849 views)
- Become a Member (21182 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (20449 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (19104 views)
- Events (15849 views)
- Our Mission (15622 views)