Mad City Chickens documents the return of the urban backyard chicken in Madison, Wisconsin. It is a sometimes serious, sometimes whimsical look at the people who keep chickens in their backyards. From chicken experts and authors to a rescued landfill hen or an inexperienced family that decides to take the poultry plunge.
Outstanding in the Field
Sunday, October 5 - This year Outstanding in the Field, a traveling farm pop up dining experience, makes its debut with St. Louis chef Josh Galliano of The Libertine joined by Clayton and Ryan Trimm of Sweetgrass restaurants.
‘Truck Farm’ Screening at The Wolf
Monday, August 18 - Filmmaker Ian Cheney planted a 1/1000th-acre farm in the back of his 1986 Dodge pick-up-truck in the spring of 2009, after coming to New York City and lacking any other place of his own to grow food.
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (54812 views)
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (53060 views)
- Restaurants (28666 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (27578 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (23921 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (23637 views)
- Become a Member (23012 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (21367 views)
- Our Mission (17264 views)
- Events (17128 views)