Mad City Chickens documents the return of the urban backyard chicken in Madison, Wisconsin. It is a sometimes serious, sometimes whimsical look at the people who keep chickens in their backyards. From chicken experts and authors to a rescued landfill hen or an inexperienced family that decides to take the poultry plunge.
Food On Film: Genetic Roulette
Monday, October 28 - You won’t look at food the same way again. Genetic Roulette exposes the dirt behind Big-Biotech’s big failed experiment. Never before seen evidence points to genetically engineered foods as a major contributor to rising disease rates in the US population.
SLOWednesday – SLU Nutrition & Dietetics
Wednesday, October 9 - Saint Louis University Department of Nutrition and Dietetics will join us to highlight their efforts to support local farmers through food processing for local schools and the newly established shared use kitchen.
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (50637 views)
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (44438 views)
- Restaurants (23197 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (21473 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (21256 views)
- Become a Member (20435 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (20158 views)
- Events (15419 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (15194 views)
- Our Mission (14866 views)