Chris McKenzie of Mac’s Local Buys applied for a Slow Food St. Louis micro-grant in 2012 to purchase coolers – long, white coolers that may be familiar to campers or fishermen – that just so happen nestle snugly like the pieces of a Jenga puzzle into the back of his SUV. At first thought, coolers may be a strange thing to seek funding for to some.
Announcing Art of Food 2014
Slow Food St. Louis, a non-profit organization dedicated to celebrating and supporting local food traditions, is pleased to announce that our 9th annual fundraiser, Art of Food, will be held on Friday, November 7th, from 6:00 to 10:00 pm, at The Luminary (2701 Cherokee St, 63118).
SloWednesday: Backyard Farm
Wednesday, September 10 - Join the Sadicario family to see how they’ve transformed their suburban back yard into a production garden in just a few short years.
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (56428 views)
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (53487 views)
- Restaurants (29603 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (28034 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (24432 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (24375 views)
- Become a Member (23692 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (21590 views)
- Our Mission (17731 views)
- Events (17563 views)