Chris McKenzie of Mac’s Local Buys applied for a Slow Food St. Louis micro-grant in 2012 to purchase coolers – long, white coolers that may be familiar to campers or fishermen – that just so happen nestle snugly like the pieces of a Jenga puzzle into the back of his SUV. At first thought, coolers may be a strange thing to seek funding for to some.
Outstanding in the Field
Sunday, October 5 - This year Outstanding in the Field, a traveling farm pop up dining experience, makes its debut with St. Louis chef Josh Galliano of The Libertine joined by Clayton and Ryan Trimm of Sweetgrass restaurants.
‘Truck Farm’ Screening at The Wolf
Monday, August 18 - Filmmaker Ian Cheney planted a 1/1000th-acre farm in the back of his 1986 Dodge pick-up-truck in the spring of 2009, after coming to New York City and lacking any other place of his own to grow food.
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (54925 views)
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (53093 views)
- Restaurants (28709 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (27588 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (23938 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (23693 views)
- Become a Member (23026 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (21375 views)
- Our Mission (17286 views)
- Events (17138 views)