Chris McKenzie of Mac’s Local Buys applied for a Slow Food St. Louis micro-grant in 2012 to purchase coolers – long, white coolers that may be familiar to campers or fishermen – that just so happen nestle snugly like the pieces of a Jenga puzzle into the back of his SUV. At first thought, coolers may be a strange thing to seek funding for to some.
SloWednesday: SNAP For Local Food!
Wednesday, April 8 - Join Slow Food St. Louis, Schlafly Farmers Market manager Brian DeSmet, and Gabriel Hahn of Seeds of Hope Farm to learn about the SNAP 2 It! Double Dollar program.
Grants Help Farmers Seed a Delicious Future
St. Louis’ food future beckons with delicious variety because of investments being made this year in Missouri and Illinois farmers through Slow Food St. Louis’ biodiversity grants.
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (61673 views)
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (55055 views)
- Restaurants (33622 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (30225 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (28383 views)
- Become a Member (26937 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (26751 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (24564 views)
- Whole Foods Market's Grass-Fed Beef Burger Cook-Off (21057 views)
- Our Mission (20041 views)