Chris McKenzie of Mac’s Local Buys applied for a Slow Food St. Louis micro-grant in 2012 to purchase coolers – long, white coolers that may be familiar to campers or fishermen – that just so happen nestle snugly like the pieces of a Jenga puzzle into the back of his SUV. At first thought, coolers may be a strange thing to seek funding for to some.
SloWednesday: The Harvest
Wednesday, July 9 - Every year, more than 400,000 American children are torn away from their friends, schools, and homes to pick the food we all eat. “The Harvest” profiles some of the children who sacrifice their own childhoods to help their families survive.
A Farmer Collaborative Dinner between Niche, Blood & Sand and Berger Bluff Farms to Benefit Slow Food!
We are thrilled to announce that Niche and Blood & Sand are joining forces with Berger Bluff Farms to create a Farmer Collaborative Dinner on July 24th at Niche Restaurant to benefit Slow Food St. Louis! NICHE and BLOOD & SAND Five Courses Featuring Local Missouri Produce From Lee & Ingrid [...]
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (53890 views)
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (52865 views)
- Restaurants (28154 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (27360 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (23661 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (23292 views)
- Become a Member (22717 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (21251 views)
- Our Mission (17037 views)
- Events (16947 views)