Sunday, November 15, 2009, join Washington University’s student-run garden, Burning Kumquat, and Slow Food St. Louis for a screening of FRESH the movie. FRESH celebrates the farmers, thinkers and business people across America who are re-inventing our food system. Each has witnessed the rapid transformation of our agriculture into an industrial model, and confronted the [...]
Admission: Free Official time to be determined, so check back Farmer, lecturer and author Joel Salatin will speak at Webster University‘s Grant Gymnasium Monday, October 5. The event is sponsored by the College of Arts & Sciences as part of the International Year of Human Rights 2009-10: The Right to Food and Water. Salatin is [...]
SloWednesday: The Harvest
Wednesday, July 9 - Every year, more than 400,000 American children are torn away from their friends, schools, and homes to pick the food we all eat. “The Harvest” profiles some of the children who sacrifice their own childhoods to help their families survive.
A Farmer Collaborative Dinner between Niche, Blood & Sand and Berger Bluff Farms to Benefit Slow Food!
We are thrilled to announce that Niche and Blood & Sand are joining forces with Berger Bluff Farms to create a Farmer Collaborative Dinner on July 24th at Niche Restaurant to benefit Slow Food St. Louis! NICHE and BLOOD & SAND Five Courses Featuring Local Missouri Produce From Lee & Ingrid [...]
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (53787 views)
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (52846 views)
- Restaurants (28103 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (27346 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (23628 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (23262 views)
- Become a Member (22690 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (21237 views)
- Our Mission (17004 views)
- Events (16926 views)