Wednesday, September 11 - Join us for Farming and Fracking, a discussion of the importance of small rural farmers, what they do for our communities and how hydraulic fracturing (fracking) is endangering this niche in rural communities.
Each month a different farmer from the Schlafly Farmers Market will speak about their farm, giving you the opportunity to get to know your food and its origins. On October 10, we will feature two farms from Illinois that have community-supported agriculture subscriptions (CSAs) available for the 2013 season.
‘Genetic Roulette’ Screeing at the Wolf
Monday, November 24 - Join Slow Food St. Louis and The Wolf Café for a free screening of “Genetic Roulette”.
Announcing Art of Food 2014
Slow Food St. Louis, a non-profit organization dedicated to celebrating and supporting local food traditions, is pleased to announce that our 9th annual fundraiser, Art of Food, will be held on Friday, November 7th, from 6:00 to 10:00 pm, at The Luminary (2701 Cherokee St, 63118).
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (59783 views)
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (54311 views)
- Restaurants (31389 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (28936 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (26815 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (25504 views)
- Become a Member (25485 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (22193 views)
- Whole Foods Market's Grass-Fed Beef Burger Cook-Off (18993 views)
- Our Mission (18785 views)