Wednesday, September 11 - Join us for Farming and Fracking, a discussion of the importance of small rural farmers, what they do for our communities and how hydraulic fracturing (fracking) is endangering this niche in rural communities.
Each month a different farmer from the Schlafly Farmers Market will speak about their farm, giving you the opportunity to get to know your food and its origins. On October 10, we will feature two farms from Illinois that have community-supported agriculture subscriptions (CSAs) available for the 2013 season.
Food On Film: Genetic Roulette
Monday, October 28 - You won’t look at food the same way again. Genetic Roulette exposes the dirt behind Big-Biotech’s big failed experiment. Never before seen evidence points to genetically engineered foods as a major contributor to rising disease rates in the US population.
SLOWednesday – SLU Nutrition & Dietetics
Wednesday, October 9 - Saint Louis University Department of Nutrition and Dietetics will join us to highlight their efforts to support local farmers through food processing for local schools and the newly established shared use kitchen.
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (50633 views)
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (44384 views)
- Restaurants (23188 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (21446 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (21245 views)
- Become a Member (20426 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (20156 views)
- Events (15410 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (15169 views)
- Our Mission (14860 views)