Wednesday, September 11 - Join us for Farming and Fracking, a discussion of the importance of small rural farmers, what they do for our communities and how hydraulic fracturing (fracking) is endangering this niche in rural communities.
Each month a different farmer from the Schlafly Farmers Market will speak about their farm, giving you the opportunity to get to know your food and its origins. On October 10, we will feature two farms from Illinois that have community-supported agriculture subscriptions (CSAs) available for the 2013 season.
Announcing Art of Food 2014
Slow Food St. Louis, a non-profit organization dedicated to celebrating and supporting local food traditions, is pleased to announce that our 9th annual fundraiser, Art of Food, will be held on Friday, November 7th, from 6:00 to 10:00 pm, at The Luminary (2701 Cherokee St, 63118).
SloWednesday: Backyard Farm
Wednesday, September 10 - Join the Sadicario family to see how they’ve transformed their suburban back yard into a production garden in just a few short years.
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (56479 views)
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (53493 views)
- Restaurants (29609 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (28036 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (24435 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (24380 views)
- Become a Member (23701 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (21595 views)
- Our Mission (17732 views)
- Events (17564 views)