Wednesday, September 11 - Join us for Farming and Fracking, a discussion of the importance of small rural farmers, what they do for our communities and how hydraulic fracturing (fracking) is endangering this niche in rural communities.
Each month a different farmer from the Schlafly Farmers Market will speak about their farm, giving you the opportunity to get to know your food and its origins. On October 10, we will feature two farms from Illinois that have community-supported agriculture subscriptions (CSAs) available for the 2013 season.
2015 Microgrant Applications Online!
Slow Food St. Louis offers grant money to further support biodiversity in the St. Louis (and surrounding area) food system. We are now accepting grant applications for the 2015 growing season.
‘Genetic Roulette’ Screeing at the Wolf
Monday, November 24 - Join Slow Food St. Louis and The Wolf Café for a free screening of “Genetic Roulette”.
Announcing Art of Food 2014
Slow Food St. Louis, a non-profit organization dedicated to celebrating and supporting local food traditions, is pleased to announce that our 9th annual fundraiser, Art of Food, will be held on Friday, November 7th, from 6:00 to 10:00 pm, at The Luminary (2701 Cherokee St, 63118).
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (60596 views)
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (54616 views)
- Restaurants (32229 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (29419 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (27295 views)
- Become a Member (26176 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (25973 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (22502 views)
- Whole Foods Market's Grass-Fed Beef Burger Cook-Off (20548 views)
- Our Mission (19267 views)