Wednesday, September 11 – Join us for Farming and Fracking, a discussion of the importance of small rural farmers, what they do for our communities and how hydraulic fracturing (fracking) is endangering this niche in rural communities.
Each month a different farmer from the Schlafly Farmers Market will speak about their farm, giving you the opportunity to get to know your food and its origins. On October 10, we will feature two farms from Illinois that have community-supported agriculture subscriptions (CSAs) available for the 2013 season.
SloWednesday: Garlic Harvesting & Curing
Wednesday, June 10 – Help St. Louis achieve independence from imported garlic as we enter the harvesting phase of Crop Sourcing: Project Garlic, and learn lessons and lore on garlic harvesting and curing.
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (63306 views)
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (56074 views)
- Restaurants (34778 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (31591 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (29932 views)
- Become a Member (27903 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (27553 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (25618 views)
- Whole Foods Market's Grass-Fed Beef Burger Cook-Off (22255 views)
- Our Mission (20895 views)