Wednesday, September 11 - Join us for Farming and Fracking, a discussion of the importance of small rural farmers, what they do for our communities and how hydraulic fracturing (fracking) is endangering this niche in rural communities.
Each month a different farmer from the Schlafly Farmers Market will speak about their farm, giving you the opportunity to get to know your food and its origins. On October 10, we will feature two farms from Illinois that have community-supported agriculture subscriptions (CSAs) available for the 2013 season.
Announcing Feast in the Field 2015!
Slow Food St. Louis is proud to present our 10th annual Feast in the Field event on Sunday, June 7th. This dinner is a celebration in honor of La Vista CSA Farm and their dedication to help feed Saint Louis sustainably.
SloWednesday: Local Food Challenge
Wednesday, May 13 - Explore what it means for health and wealth when we strengthen the local food system at “Eat Here! The Local Food Challenge and the $16 Billion Market”.
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (62901 views)
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (55820 views)
- Restaurants (34242 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (31164 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (29451 views)
- Become a Member (27500 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (27202 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (25331 views)
- Whole Foods Market's Grass-Fed Beef Burger Cook-Off (21986 views)
- Our Mission (20515 views)