Wednesday, September 11 - Join us for Farming and Fracking, a discussion of the importance of small rural farmers, what they do for our communities and how hydraulic fracturing (fracking) is endangering this niche in rural communities.
Each month a different farmer from the Schlafly Farmers Market will speak about their farm, giving you the opportunity to get to know your food and its origins. On October 10, we will feature two farms from Illinois that have community-supported agriculture subscriptions (CSAs) available for the 2013 season.
Announcing Art of Food 2014
Slow Food St. Louis, a non-profit organization dedicated to celebrating and supporting local food traditions, is pleased to announce that our 9th annual fundraiser, Art of Food, will be held on Friday, November 7th, from 6:00 to 10:00 pm, at The Luminary (2701 Cherokee St, 63118).
SloWednesday: Backyard Farm
Wednesday, September 10 - Join the Sadicario family to see how they’ve transformed their suburban back yard into a production garden in just a few short years.
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (57981 views)
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (53863 views)
- Restaurants (30292 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (28346 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (25657 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (24834 views)
- Become a Member (24467 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (21775 views)
- Our Mission (18105 views)
- Events (17855 views)