Waste Land follows renowned artist Vik Muniz as he journeys from his home base in Brooklyn to his native Brazil and the world’s largest garbage dump, Jardim Gramacho, located on the outskirts of Rio de Janeiro.
Cafeteria Man is the true story of rebel chef Tony Geraci and his mission to radically reform Baltimore’s public school food system with a recipe for change. It’s about the aspiration of social activists and citizens coming together to change the way kids eat at school.
PLANEAT is the story of three men’s life-long search for a diet, which is good for our health, good for the environment and good for the future of the planet. The film presents a convincing case for the West to re-examine its love affair with meat and dairy.
One Man, One Cow, One Planet exposes globalization and the mantra of infinite growth in a finite world for what it really is: an environmental and human disaster.
Forks Over Knives, a documentary by Lee Fulkerson, examines the profound claim that most, if not all, of the degenerative diseases that afflict us can be controlled, or even reversed, by rejecting our present menu of animal-based and processed foods.
Slow Food St. Louis is pleased to announce the 2012 Food on Film series, featuring films that will not only whet your appetite for local, sustainable food, but will bring out the activist in you as well. All films will be screened at Schlafly Bottleworks.
SloWednesday: Local Food Challenge
Wednesday, May 13 - Explore what it means for health and wealth when we strengthen the local food system at “Eat Here! The Local Food Challenge and the $16 Billion Market”.
SloWednesday: SNAP For Local Food!
Wednesday, April 8 - Join Slow Food St. Louis, Schlafly Farmers Market manager Brian DeSmet, and Gabriel Hahn of Seeds of Hope Farm to learn about the SNAP 2 It! Double Dollar program.
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (62212 views)
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (55351 views)
- Restaurants (34010 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (30540 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (28974 views)
- Become a Member (27258 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (27012 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (24907 views)
- Whole Foods Market's Grass-Fed Beef Burger Cook-Off (21412 views)
- Our Mission (20318 views)