Monday, August 18 - Filmmaker Ian Cheney planted a 1/1000th-acre farm in the back of his 1986 Dodge pick-up-truck in the spring of 2009, after coming to New York City and lacking any other place of his own to grow food.
Wednesday, August 13 - Growing Cities is a documentary film that examines the role of urban farming in America and asks how much power it has to revitalize our cities and change the way we eat.
Wednesday, July 9 - Every year, more than 400,000 American children are torn away from their friends, schools, and homes to pick the food we all eat. “The Harvest” profiles some of the children who sacrifice their own childhoods to help their families survive.
Join us the evening of Monday, June 16 at The Wolf Café in Ballwin for a free screening of “FRESH”, a celebration of the farmers, thinkers and business people across America who are re-inventing our food system.
Wednesday, May 14 - Seeds of Freedom charts the story of seed from its roots at the heart of traditional, diversity-rich farming systems across the world, to being transformed into a powerful commodity, used to monopolize the global food system.
SloWednesday: SNAP For Local Food!
Wednesday, April 8 - Join Slow Food St. Louis, Schlafly Farmers Market manager Brian DeSmet, and Gabriel Hahn of Seeds of Hope Farm to learn about the SNAP 2 It! Double Dollar program.
Grants Help Farmers Seed a Delicious Future
St. Louis’ food future beckons with delicious variety because of investments being made this year in Missouri and Illinois farmers through Slow Food St. Louis’ biodiversity grants.
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (61574 views)
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (55033 views)
- Restaurants (33528 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (30191 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (28274 views)
- Become a Member (26906 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (26710 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (24534 views)
- Whole Foods Market's Grass-Fed Beef Burger Cook-Off (21008 views)
- Our Mission (19979 views)