On the second Wednesday of each month between June and October, join Slow Food St. Louis and the Schlafly Bottleworks as they present SLOWednesday after the Maplewood Farmers Market. August’s featured farmer is Three Rivers Community Farm.
Title: SLOWednesday – Marcoot Jersey Creamery Location: Schlafly Bottleworks, 7260 Southwest Ave., Maplewood, MO 63143 Description: On the second Wednesday of each month between June and October, join Slow Food St. Louis and the Schlafly Bottleworks as they present SLOWednesday after the Maplewood Farmers Market. Each month a different farmer from the market will speak […]
Each month a different farmer from the market will speak about their farm, giving you the opportunity to get to know your food, its origins, and most important, its producers. The culinary staff of the Schlafly Bottleworks will also cook a special meal utilizing products from the featured farm. June’s featured farmer is Nicola Macpherson of Ozark Forest Mushrooms.
Slow Food Links: Slow Food Katy Trail – The Central Missouri Convivium of Slow Food USA based out of Columbia, MO. Slow Food Kansas City – The Kansas City Convivium of Slow Food USA. Slow Food USA – An educational organization dedicated to promoting stewardship of the land and ecologically sound food production; reviving the […]
Farmers Market Directory Cherokee Street International Farmers Market – This unique international market provides fresh, affordable and culturally unique produce. The Cherokee Farmers Market has a special emphasis on farm produce grown locally by immigrant farmers and a neighborhood youth farmers. Clayton Farmers’ Market – The mission of the Clayton Farmer’s Market is to promote […]
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (63429 views)
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (56168 views)
- Restaurants (35022 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (31709 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (30035 views)
- Become a Member (28041 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (27686 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (25735 views)
- Whole Foods Market's Grass-Fed Beef Burger Cook-Off (22358 views)
- Our Mission (21056 views)