On the second Wednesday of each month between June and October, join Slow Food St. Louis and the Schlafly Bottleworks as they present SLOWednesday after the Maplewood Farmers Market. August’s featured farmer is Three Rivers Community Farm.
Title: SLOWednesday – Marcoot Jersey Creamery Location: Schlafly Bottleworks, 7260 Southwest Ave., Maplewood, MO 63143 Description: On the second Wednesday of each month between June and October, join Slow Food St. Louis and the Schlafly Bottleworks as they present SLOWednesday after the Maplewood Farmers Market. Each month a different farmer from the market will speak […]
Each month a different farmer from the market will speak about their farm, giving you the opportunity to get to know your food, its origins, and most important, its producers. The culinary staff of the Schlafly Bottleworks will also cook a special meal utilizing products from the featured farm. June’s featured farmer is Nicola Macpherson of Ozark Forest Mushrooms.
Slow Food Links: Slow Food Katy Trail – The Central Missouri Convivium of Slow Food USA based out of Columbia, MO. Slow Food Kansas City – The Kansas City Convivium of Slow Food USA. Slow Food USA – An educational organization dedicated to promoting stewardship of the land and ecologically sound food production; reviving the […]
Farmers Market Directory Cherokee Street International Farmers Market – This unique international market provides fresh, affordable and culturally unique produce. The Cherokee Farmers Market has a special emphasis on farm produce grown locally by immigrant farmers and a neighborhood youth farmers. Clayton Farmers’ Market – The mission of the Clayton Farmer’s Market is to promote […]
SloWednesday: Garlic Harvesting & Curing
Wednesday, June 10 – Help St. Louis achieve independence from imported garlic as we enter the harvesting phase of Crop Sourcing: Project Garlic, and learn lessons and lore on garlic harvesting and curing.
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (63288 views)
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (56061 views)
- Restaurants (34727 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (31571 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (29911 views)
- Become a Member (27879 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (27533 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (25603 views)
- Whole Foods Market's Grass-Fed Beef Burger Cook-Off (22238 views)
- Our Mission (20867 views)