Free and open to the public the 19th Annual St. Louis Earth Day Festival is happening this Sunday April 20, 2008. The theme of the event is In Your Own Back Yard and “highlights local initiatives and practical environmental advice that can be implemented in communities throughout our region.” Among the food related happenings, Slow [...]
Sign Up Time for Your 2014 CSA
So you want to join a CSA? We are now so very fortunate to have lots of options for Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) in and around the St. Louis area.
Drop. Swap. Grow. Seed Swap March 1
The event is FREE (suggested $3 donation at the door), but you must register in advance to participate. Bring seeds to share, any amount is fine by us. Please, no expired seeds! Seeds may be store-bought or harvested from your garden.
Microgrant Applications Online!
Slow Food St. Louis Small Farm Biodiversity Micro Grant Program has been supporting the preservation of biodiversity in the St. Louis (and surrounding area) food system since 2009. To date they have awarded $50,000 to small scale, local farmers, supporting more than 200 heirloom varieties and heritage breeds.
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (51380 views)
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (46737 views)
- Restaurants (24669 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (21909 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (21838 views)
- Become a Member (21167 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (20441 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (19023 views)
- Events (15835 views)
- Our Mission (15603 views)