The national Slow Food organization has declared a Day of Action on Saturday, September 17, in order to challenge the nation to come together, share a meal, and converse about what needs to change with the food in our country. Your challenge is to “take back the value meal” by cooking a “slow food” meal for $5 or less per person!
Sign Up Time for Your 2014 CSA
So you want to join a CSA? We are now so very fortunate to have lots of options for Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) in and around the St. Louis area.
Drop. Swap. Grow. Seed Swap March 1
The event is FREE (suggested $3 donation at the door), but you must register in advance to participate. Bring seeds to share, any amount is fine by us. Please, no expired seeds! Seeds may be store-bought or harvested from your garden.
Microgrant Applications Online!
Slow Food St. Louis Small Farm Biodiversity Micro Grant Program has been supporting the preservation of biodiversity in the St. Louis (and surrounding area) food system since 2009. To date they have awarded $50,000 to small scale, local farmers, supporting more than 200 heirloom varieties and heritage breeds.
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (51384 views)
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (46748 views)
- Restaurants (24685 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (21916 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (21842 views)
- Become a Member (21174 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (20446 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (19052 views)
- Events (15842 views)
- Our Mission (15608 views)