Chris McKenzie of Mac’s Local Buys applied for a Slow Food St. Louis micro-grant in 2012 to purchase coolers – long, white coolers that may be familiar to campers or fishermen – that just so happen nestle snugly like the pieces of a Jenga puzzle into the back of his SUV. At first thought, coolers may be a strange thing to seek funding for to some.
Food On Film: Genetic Roulette
Monday, October 28 - You won’t look at food the same way again. Genetic Roulette exposes the dirt behind Big-Biotech’s big failed experiment. Never before seen evidence points to genetically engineered foods as a major contributor to rising disease rates in the US population.
SLOWednesday – SLU Nutrition & Dietetics
Wednesday, October 9 - Saint Louis University Department of Nutrition and Dietetics will join us to highlight their efforts to support local farmers through food processing for local schools and the newly established shared use kitchen.
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (50626 views)
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (44273 views)
- Restaurants (23155 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (21356 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (21224 views)
- Become a Member (20409 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (20144 views)
- Events (15395 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (15118 views)
- Our Mission (14839 views)