Chris McKenzie of Mac’s Local Buys applied for a Slow Food St. Louis micro-grant in 2012 to purchase coolers – long, white coolers that may be familiar to campers or fishermen – that just so happen nestle snugly like the pieces of a Jenga puzzle into the back of his SUV. At first thought, coolers may be a strange thing to seek funding for to some.
Announcing Feast in the Field 2015!
Slow Food St. Louis is proud to present our 10th annual Feast in the Field event on Sunday, June 7th. This dinner is a celebration in honor of La Vista CSA Farm and their dedication to help feed Saint Louis sustainably.
SloWednesday: Garlic Harvesting & Curing
Wednesday, June 10 – Help St. Louis achieve independence from imported garlic as we enter the harvesting phase of Crop Sourcing: Project Garlic, and learn lessons and lore on garlic harvesting and curing.
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (63138 views)
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (55948 views)
- Restaurants (34447 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (31414 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (29775 views)
- Become a Member (27693 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (27354 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (25463 views)
- Whole Foods Market's Grass-Fed Beef Burger Cook-Off (22116 views)
- Our Mission (20679 views)