Slow Food St. Louis Small Farm Biodiversity Micro Grant Program has been supporting the preservation of biodiversity in the St. Louis (and surrounding area) food system since 2009. To date they have awarded $30,000 to small scale, local farmers, supporting more than 200 heirloom varieties and heritage breeds.
Slow Food St. Louis is now accepting applications for the Biodiversity Farmer Micro-Grants. Slow Food St. Louis has awarded $20,000 over the past three years, supporting over 200 different varieties and breeds.
Watch the short film, The Art of Food, which explores the Slow Food St. Louis Farmer Biodiversity Grant Program. The program has awarded nearly $20,000 to local, sustainable farmers supporting the cultivation of more than 200 heirloom produce varieties and heritage breed animals.
2013 Feast in the Field Tickets On Sale!
Slow Food StL is proud to present our 8th annual Feast in the Field event on Sunday, June 2nd. This dinner is a celebration in honor of Claverach Farm & Vineyard and their dedication to help feed Saint Louis sustainably.
Food On Film Series 2013
Slow Food St. Louis, a non-profit organization dedicated to celebrating and supporting food traditions, is pleased to announce Food on Film, a series of films that will not only whet your appetite for local, sustainable food, but will bring out the activist in you as well.
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (48821 views)
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (37352 views)
- Restaurants (19232 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (19014 views)
- Become a Member (18610 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (17998 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (17696 views)
- Events (13787 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (13542 views)
- Our Mission (13192 views)