Slow Food St. Louis Small Farm Biodiversity Micro Grant Program has been supporting the preservation of biodiversity in the St. Louis (and surrounding area) food system since 2009. To date they have awarded $30,000 to small scale, local farmers, supporting more than 200 heirloom varieties and heritage breeds.
Slow Food St. Louis is now accepting applications for the Biodiversity Farmer Micro-Grants. Slow Food St. Louis has awarded $20,000 over the past three years, supporting over 200 different varieties and breeds.
Watch the short film, The Art of Food, which explores the Slow Food St. Louis Farmer Biodiversity Grant Program. The program has awarded nearly $20,000 to local, sustainable farmers supporting the cultivation of more than 200 heirloom produce varieties and heritage breed animals.
Food On Film: Genetic Roulette
Monday, October 28 - You won’t look at food the same way again. Genetic Roulette exposes the dirt behind Big-Biotech’s big failed experiment. Never before seen evidence points to genetically engineered foods as a major contributor to rising disease rates in the US population.
SLOWednesday – SLU Nutrition & Dietetics
Wednesday, October 9 - Saint Louis University Department of Nutrition and Dietetics will join us to highlight their efforts to support local farmers through food processing for local schools and the newly established shared use kitchen.
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (50620 views)
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (44244 views)
- Restaurants (23149 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (21334 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (21221 views)
- Become a Member (20408 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (20144 views)
- Events (15394 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (15103 views)
- Our Mission (14835 views)