with Rick Lewis from Quincy Street Bistro Details: Saturday, October 27th Hosted at Bertarelli Cutlery http://www.bertarellicutlery.com/ 1927 Marconi Avenue on the Hill Class from 10am-11am Only 15 spots available Cost $30 RSVP to Kelly@SlowFoodStl.org Class Content: Walk through different knife shapes and their uses Proper knife grip Chopping herbs, chiffonade, chop, mince How to julienne All the […]
Art of Food was a great success again this year. We had a sold out event with a very lively crowd. The success of this event both helps Slow Food St. Louis to continue our programming and support of local farmers.
Waste Land follows renowned artist Vik Muniz as he journeys from his home base in Brooklyn to his native Brazil and the world’s largest garbage dump, Jardim Gramacho, located on the outskirts of Rio de Janeiro.
Each month a different farmer from the Schlafly Farmers Market will speak about their farm, giving you the opportunity to get to know your food and its origins. On October 10, we will feature two farms from Illinois that have community-supported agriculture subscriptions (CSAs) available for the 2013 season.
Cafeteria Man is the true story of rebel chef Tony Geraci and his mission to radically reform Baltimore’s public school food system with a recipe for change. It’s about the aspiration of social activists and citizens coming together to change the way kids eat at school.
On Wednesday, September 12, SLOWednesday will feature Buila Family Farm from Cobden, IL. The Buila family – Michael and Sarah and their sons Misha and Sasha – grows nearly 250 different varieties of fruits and vegetables with no chemical pesticides, herbicides or fertilizers.
A canvas of culinary-inspired art and incredible edibles: Slow Food St. Louis announces date for “Art of Food” to benefit Slow Food St. Louis’ Small Farm Micro Biodiversity Grant and programming.
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (63425 views)
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (56166 views)
- Restaurants (35016 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (31707 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (30033 views)
- Become a Member (28039 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (27684 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (25734 views)
- Whole Foods Market's Grass-Fed Beef Burger Cook-Off (22355 views)
- Our Mission (21051 views)