In Organic We Trust follows filmmaker Kip Pastor on a journey to answer the essential questions about organic: What exactly is certified organic? Is it really better for us, or just marketing hype?
Please join us for SLOWednesday on July 10 at Schlafly Bottleworks at 7:30 pm for an engaging conversation and screening about what Slow Food is and how we can find our way to eating Good, Clean, and Fair food.
Slow Food St. Louis is pleased to announce our annual fundraiser, Art of Food, on Friday, September 20th at the Lumen. Click the link for event details, to order tickets and to learn how you or your company can become a sponsor.
Shhh. Did you know that there’s a secret club for locavores with a social justice bent? City Greens is a community market in The Grove stocking all local, chemical-free produce, bread, dairy, eggs and meat.
Chris McKenzie of Mac’s Local Buys applied for a Slow Food St. Louis micro-grant in 2012 to purchase coolers – long, white coolers that may be familiar to campers or fishermen – that just so happen nestle snugly like the pieces of a Jenga puzzle into the back of his SUV. At first thought, coolers may be a strange thing to seek funding for to some.
From the people who brought you Food, Inc. – A Place at the Table shows us how hunger poses serious economic, social and cultural implication for our nation, and that it could be solved once and for all.
Slow Food StL is proud to present our 8th annual Feast in the Field event on Sunday, June 2nd. This dinner is a celebration in honor of Claverach Farm & Vineyard and their dedication to help feed Saint Louis sustainably.
Slow Food St. Louis, a non-profit organization dedicated to celebrating and supporting food traditions, is pleased to announce Food on Film, a series of films that will not only whet your appetite for local, sustainable food, but will bring out the activist in you as well.
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (63422 views)
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (56165 views)
- Restaurants (35011 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (31705 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (30032 views)
- Become a Member (28039 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (27681 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (25732 views)
- Whole Foods Market's Grass-Fed Beef Burger Cook-Off (22353 views)
- Our Mission (21047 views)