Wednesday, September 11 - Join us for Farming and Fracking, a discussion of the importance of small rural farmers, what they do for our communities and how hydraulic fracturing (fracking) is endangering this niche in rural communities.
Monday, August 26 - American Meat is a pro-farmer look at chicken, hog and cattle production in America. Beginning with a history of our current industrial system, the feedlots and confinement operations are unveiled through the eyes of the farmers who live and work there.
Learn how iScream Cakes, the ReTrailer and Whisk Bakeshop started or grew their businesses at Schlafly Farmers Market and other local markets. And Gateway Harvest will talk about how they are investing in St. Louis’ sustainable food system and local economy.
In Organic We Trust follows filmmaker Kip Pastor on a journey to answer the essential questions about organic: What exactly is certified organic? Is it really better for us, or just marketing hype?
Please join us for SLOWednesday on July 10 at Schlafly Bottleworks at 7:30 pm for an engaging conversation and screening about what Slow Food is and how we can find our way to eating Good, Clean, and Fair food.
Slow Food St. Louis is pleased to announce our annual fundraiser, Art of Food, on Friday, September 20th at the Lumen. Click the link for event details, to order tickets and to learn how you or your company can become a sponsor.
Announcing Feast in the Field 2015!
Slow Food St. Louis is proud to present our 10th annual Feast in the Field event on Sunday, June 7th. This dinner is a celebration in honor of La Vista CSA Farm and their dedication to help feed Saint Louis sustainably.
SloWednesday: Local Food Challenge
Wednesday, May 13 - Explore what it means for health and wealth when we strengthen the local food system at “Eat Here! The Local Food Challenge and the $16 Billion Market”.
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (62909 views)
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (55824 views)
- Restaurants (34247 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (31167 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (29463 views)
- Become a Member (27509 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (27206 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (25336 views)
- Whole Foods Market's Grass-Fed Beef Burger Cook-Off (21991 views)
- Our Mission (20524 views)