Monday, October 28 – You won’t look at food the same way again. Genetic Roulette exposes the dirt behind Big-Biotech’s big failed experiment. Never before seen evidence points to genetically engineered foods as a major contributor to rising disease rates in the US population.
Wednesday, October 9 – Saint Louis University Department of Nutrition and Dietetics will join us to highlight their efforts to support local farmers through food processing for local schools and the newly established shared use kitchen.
We still have dishes coming in but here is a quick peak at the Friday night’s spectacular line up….. 1. Home Wine Kitchen/Table – Beet mousse with radish noodles and salmon roe 2. Kaldi’s Coffee – Panama Lerida Estate and Ethiopia Dama as espresso. Serving Capps, macchiatos , and spro 3. Sidney Street Café – […]
Wednesday, September 11 – Join us for Farming and Fracking, a discussion of the importance of small rural farmers, what they do for our communities and how hydraulic fracturing (fracking) is endangering this niche in rural communities.
Monday, August 26 – American Meat is a pro-farmer look at chicken, hog and cattle production in America. Beginning with a history of our current industrial system, the feedlots and confinement operations are unveiled through the eyes of the farmers who live and work there.
Learn how iScream Cakes, the ReTrailer and Whisk Bakeshop started or grew their businesses at Schlafly Farmers Market and other local markets. And Gateway Harvest will talk about how they are investing in St. Louis’ sustainable food system and local economy.
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (63413 views)
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (56153 views)
- Restaurants (34977 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (31695 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (30021 views)
- Become a Member (28025 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (27664 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (25719 views)
- Whole Foods Market's Grass-Fed Beef Burger Cook-Off (22345 views)
- Our Mission (21031 views)