Wednesday, October 9 – Saint Louis University Department of Nutrition and Dietetics will join us to highlight their efforts to support local farmers through food processing for local schools and the newly established shared use kitchen.
We still have dishes coming in but here is a quick peak at the Friday night’s spectacular line up….. 1. Home Wine Kitchen/Table – Beet mousse with radish noodles and salmon roe 2. Kaldi’s Coffee – Panama Lerida Estate and Ethiopia Dama as espresso. Serving Capps, macchiatos , and spro 3. Sidney Street Café – […]
Wednesday, September 11 – Join us for Farming and Fracking, a discussion of the importance of small rural farmers, what they do for our communities and how hydraulic fracturing (fracking) is endangering this niche in rural communities.
Monday, August 26 – American Meat is a pro-farmer look at chicken, hog and cattle production in America. Beginning with a history of our current industrial system, the feedlots and confinement operations are unveiled through the eyes of the farmers who live and work there.
Learn how iScream Cakes, the ReTrailer and Whisk Bakeshop started or grew their businesses at Schlafly Farmers Market and other local markets. And Gateway Harvest will talk about how they are investing in St. Louis’ sustainable food system and local economy.
In Organic We Trust follows filmmaker Kip Pastor on a journey to answer the essential questions about organic: What exactly is certified organic? Is it really better for us, or just marketing hype?
SloWednesday: Garlic Harvesting & Curing
Wednesday, June 10 – Help St. Louis achieve independence from imported garlic as we enter the harvesting phase of Crop Sourcing: Project Garlic, and learn lessons and lore on garlic harvesting and curing.
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (63302 views)
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (56073 views)
- Restaurants (34776 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (31590 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (29930 views)
- Become a Member (27902 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (27551 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (25617 views)
- Whole Foods Market's Grass-Fed Beef Burger Cook-Off (22253 views)
- Our Mission (20892 views)