Slow Food St. Louis, a non-profit organization dedicated to celebrating and supporting local food traditions, is pleased to announce that our 9th annual fundraiser, Art of Food, will be held on Friday, November 7th, from 6:00 to 10:00 pm, at The Luminary (2701 Cherokee St, 63118).
Sunday, October 5 – This year Outstanding in the Field, a traveling farm pop up dining experience, makes its debut with St. Louis chef Josh Galliano of The Libertine joined by Clayton and Ryan Trimm of Sweetgrass restaurants.
Monday, August 18 – Filmmaker Ian Cheney planted a 1/1000th-acre farm in the back of his 1986 Dodge pick-up-truck in the spring of 2009, after coming to New York City and lacking any other place of his own to grow food.
Wednesday, August 13 – Growing Cities is a documentary film that examines the role of urban farming in America and asks how much power it has to revitalize our cities and change the way we eat.
Wednesday, July 9 – Every year, more than 400,000 American children are torn away from their friends, schools, and homes to pick the food we all eat. “The Harvest” profiles some of the children who sacrifice their own childhoods to help their families survive.
We have some fantastic Membership discounts and prizes for the month of JULY. Thank you so much for your support!! If you would like to consider being a supporter, here are some great reasons to do so: Slow Food St. Louis has spent the past year sending our Truck Farm to schools, camps and Scout […]
Slow Food St. Louis is honored to be the benefiting charity for this year’s Midwest Belgian Beer Fest on JULY 26th! Please join Perennial and Side Project, along with forty of their brewery friends for our Third Annual Midwest Belgian Beer Fest! This year, MWBBF will take place on Saturday, July 26th from 1:00PM-5:00PM […]
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (63416 views)
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (56159 views)
- Restaurants (35005 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (31701 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (30030 views)
- Become a Member (28032 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (27676 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (25727 views)
- Whole Foods Market's Grass-Fed Beef Burger Cook-Off (22351 views)
- Our Mission (21043 views)