The menu for Art of Food 2014 on FRIDAY, Nov 7 at THE LUMINARY on CHEROKEE will be: Tickets for sale HERE Appetizers- Small Plates: The Culinary Institute of St. Louis at Hickey College with produce from farmer Greg Pusczek will be serving Spanakopita Salume Beddu will be serving Bruschetta topped with Braised Live Springs [...]
Slow Food St. Louis, a non-profit organization dedicated to celebrating and supporting local food traditions, is pleased to announce that our 9th annual fundraiser, Art of Food, will be held on Friday, November 7th, from 6:00 to 10:00 pm, at The Luminary (2701 Cherokee St, 63118).
Sunday, October 5 - This year Outstanding in the Field, a traveling farm pop up dining experience, makes its debut with St. Louis chef Josh Galliano of The Libertine joined by Clayton and Ryan Trimm of Sweetgrass restaurants.
Monday, August 18 - Filmmaker Ian Cheney planted a 1/1000th-acre farm in the back of his 1986 Dodge pick-up-truck in the spring of 2009, after coming to New York City and lacking any other place of his own to grow food.
Wednesday, August 13 - Growing Cities is a documentary film that examines the role of urban farming in America and asks how much power it has to revitalize our cities and change the way we eat.
SloWednesday: SNAP For Local Food!
Wednesday, April 8 - Join Slow Food St. Louis, Schlafly Farmers Market manager Brian DeSmet, and Gabriel Hahn of Seeds of Hope Farm to learn about the SNAP 2 It! Double Dollar program.
Grants Help Farmers Seed a Delicious Future
St. Louis’ food future beckons with delicious variety because of investments being made this year in Missouri and Illinois farmers through Slow Food St. Louis’ biodiversity grants.
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (61566 views)
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (55027 views)
- Restaurants (33500 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (30162 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (28257 views)
- Become a Member (26892 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (26702 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (24523 views)
- Whole Foods Market's Grass-Fed Beef Burger Cook-Off (21003 views)
- Our Mission (19966 views)