One Man, One Cow, One Planet exposes globalization and the mantra of infinite growth in a finite world for what it really is: an environmental and human disaster.
On July 11, we have a very special SLOWednesday featuring authors Maddie Earnest and Liz Fathman of “Missouri Harvest: A Guide to Growers and Producers in the Show-Me State” for a reading & book signing.
Forks Over Knives, a documentary by Lee Fulkerson, examines the profound claim that most, if not all, of the degenerative diseases that afflict us can be controlled, or even reversed, by rejecting our present menu of animal-based and processed foods.
Slow Food StL is proud to present our 7th annual Feast in the Field event on Sunday, June 3rd. This dinner is a celebration in honor of Claverach Farm and their dedication to help feed Saint Louis sustainably.
Join us for dinner with Eric Schlosser, author of Fast Food Nation and co-producer of Food Inc. Food & Wine’s “People’s Best New Chef” for Midwest, Josh Galliano, has planned an incredible menu (below) celebrating the bounty of our of Illinois Farms and local libations. Purchase tickets here: http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/235999 Dinner hosted by McKendree University & Slow […]
McKendree University and Slow Food St. Louis are pairing to host a unique opportunity—a leisurely, intimate dinner and conversation with Eric Schlosser, author of Fast Food Nation, to be held on Tuesday, April 24th at Farmhaus Restaurant.
Slow Food St. Louis is pleased to announce the 2012 Food on Film series, featuring films that will not only whet your appetite for local, sustainable food, but will bring out the activist in you as well. All films will be screened at Schlafly Bottleworks.
SloWednesday: Garlic Harvesting & Curing
Wednesday, June 10 – Help St. Louis achieve independence from imported garlic as we enter the harvesting phase of Crop Sourcing: Project Garlic, and learn lessons and lore on garlic harvesting and curing.
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (63289 views)
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (56061 views)
- Restaurants (34731 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (31571 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (29911 views)
- Become a Member (27884 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (27535 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (25603 views)
- Whole Foods Market's Grass-Fed Beef Burger Cook-Off (22238 views)
- Our Mission (20869 views)