In Organic We Trust follows filmmaker Kip Pastor on a journey to answer the essential questions about organic: What exactly is certified organic? Is it really better for us, or just marketing hype?
From the people who brought you Food, Inc. – A Place at the Table shows us how hunger poses serious economic, social and cultural implication for our nation, and that it could be solved once and for all.
Waste Land follows renowned artist Vik Muniz as he journeys from his home base in Brooklyn to his native Brazil and the world’s largest garbage dump, Jardim Gramacho, located on the outskirts of Rio de Janeiro.
Each month a different farmer from the Schlafly Farmers Market will speak about their farm, giving you the opportunity to get to know your food and its origins. On October 10, we will feature two farms from Illinois that have community-supported agriculture subscriptions (CSAs) available for the 2013 season.
Cafeteria Man is the true story of rebel chef Tony Geraci and his mission to radically reform Baltimore’s public school food system with a recipe for change. It’s about the aspiration of social activists and citizens coming together to change the way kids eat at school.
On Wednesday, September 12, SLOWednesday will feature Buila Family Farm from Cobden, IL. The Buila family – Michael and Sarah and their sons Misha and Sasha – grows nearly 250 different varieties of fruits and vegetables with no chemical pesticides, herbicides or fertilizers.
A canvas of culinary-inspired art and incredible edibles: Slow Food St. Louis announces date for “Art of Food” to benefit Slow Food St. Louis’ Small Farm Micro Biodiversity Grant and programming.
SloWednesday: Garlic Harvesting & Curing
Wednesday, June 10 – Help St. Louis achieve independence from imported garlic as we enter the harvesting phase of Crop Sourcing: Project Garlic, and learn lessons and lore on garlic harvesting and curing.
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (63292 views)
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (56065 views)
- Restaurants (34743 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (31579 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (29915 views)
- Become a Member (27890 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (27541 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (25606 views)
- Whole Foods Market's Grass-Fed Beef Burger Cook-Off (22242 views)
- Our Mission (20876 views)