Wednesday, May 14 – Seeds of Freedom charts the story of seed from its roots at the heart of traditional, diversity-rich farming systems across the world, to being transformed into a powerful commodity, used to monopolize the global food system.
Slow Food St. Louis is pleased to announce the 2014 SLOWednesday schedule, with a selection of educational events and a series of films that will not only whet your appetite for local, sustainable food, but will bring out the activist in you as well.
Learn how iScream Cakes, the ReTrailer and Whisk Bakeshop started or grew their businesses at Schlafly Farmers Market and other local markets. And Gateway Harvest will talk about how they are investing in St. Louis’ sustainable food system and local economy.
Please join us for SLOWednesday on July 10 at Schlafly Bottleworks at 7:30 pm for an engaging conversation and screening about what Slow Food is and how we can find our way to eating Good, Clean, and Fair food.
Each month a different farmer from the Schlafly Farmers Market will speak about their farm, giving you the opportunity to get to know your food and its origins. On October 10, we will feature two farms from Illinois that have community-supported agriculture subscriptions (CSAs) available for the 2013 season.
On Wednesday, September 12, SLOWednesday will feature Buila Family Farm from Cobden, IL. The Buila family – Michael and Sarah and their sons Misha and Sasha – grows nearly 250 different varieties of fruits and vegetables with no chemical pesticides, herbicides or fertilizers.
On July 11, we have a very special SLOWednesday featuring authors Maddie Earnest and Liz Fathman of “Missouri Harvest: A Guide to Growers and Producers in the Show-Me State” for a reading & book signing.
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (63404 views)
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (56148 views)
- Restaurants (34956 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (31686 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (30015 views)
- Become a Member (28018 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (27657 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (25713 views)
- Whole Foods Market's Grass-Fed Beef Burger Cook-Off (22339 views)
- Our Mission (21020 views)