Join Slow Food St. Louis for a viewing party for this one-day TEDx event that will explore the food system — from what happened, to where we are, to what we are doing to shift to a more sustainable way of eating and farming.
TWO ANGRY MOMS is a documentary film that asks the question: What happens when fed-up moms try to change school food? Filmmaker Amy Kalafa crosses the country in search of alternatives to the toxic food environment found in many of our nations schools.
It’s been some time since Slow Food co-hosted a dinner and we are thrilled to announce that Monday, October 17, Chef Jason Tilford, of Milagro Modern Mexican, will help us preserve food traditions as he takes Slow Food St. Louis on a culinary tour of Mexico. The five course dinner will begin at 6:30PM and […]
Inspired by a curiosity about society’s careless habit of sending food straight to landfills, the multi award-winning documentary DIVE! Living Off America’s Waste follows filmmaker Jeremy Seifert and friends as they dumpster dive in the back alleys and gated garbage receptacles of Los Angeles’ supermarkets.
The national Slow Food organization has declared a Day of Action on Saturday, September 17, in order to challenge the nation to come together, share a meal, and converse about what needs to change with the food in our country. Your challenge is to “take back the value meal” by cooking a “slow food” meal for $5 or less per person!
Help support Slow Food St. Louis by patronizing St. Louis- area Chipotle Mexican Grill restaurants on Tuesday, September 27. Download the flyer and bring it in or mention “Slow Food St. Louis” and 50% of the proceeds of your sale will be donated to the organization.
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (63409 views)
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (56151 views)
- Restaurants (34966 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (31691 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (30019 views)
- Become a Member (28022 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (27661 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (25718 views)
- Whole Foods Market's Grass-Fed Beef Burger Cook-Off (22342 views)
- Our Mission (21027 views)