Wednesday, September 11 – Join us for Farming and Fracking, a discussion of the importance of small rural farmers, what they do for our communities and how hydraulic fracturing (fracking) is endangering this niche in rural communities.
Learn how iScream Cakes, the ReTrailer and Whisk Bakeshop started or grew their businesses at Schlafly Farmers Market and other local markets. And Gateway Harvest will talk about how they are investing in St. Louis’ sustainable food system and local economy.
In Organic We Trust follows filmmaker Kip Pastor on a journey to answer the essential questions about organic: What exactly is certified organic? Is it really better for us, or just marketing hype?
Please join us for SLOWednesday on July 10 at Schlafly Bottleworks at 7:30 pm for an engaging conversation and screening about what Slow Food is and how we can find our way to eating Good, Clean, and Fair food.
From the people who brought you Food, Inc. – A Place at the Table shows us how hunger poses serious economic, social and cultural implication for our nation, and that it could be solved once and for all.
Slow Food StL is proud to present our 8th annual Feast in the Field event on Sunday, June 2nd. This dinner is a celebration in honor of Claverach Farm & Vineyard and their dedication to help feed Saint Louis sustainably.
SloWednesday: Garlic Harvesting & Curing
Wednesday, June 10 – Help St. Louis achieve independence from imported garlic as we enter the harvesting phase of Crop Sourcing: Project Garlic, and learn lessons and lore on garlic harvesting and curing.
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (63295 views)
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (56067 views)
- Restaurants (34750 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (31582 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (29917 views)
- Become a Member (27892 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (27543 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (25608 views)
- Whole Foods Market's Grass-Fed Beef Burger Cook-Off (22244 views)
- Our Mission (20878 views)