March 12 at 8PM there will be a viewing of the film The Real Dirt On Farm John at the Schlafly Bottleworks. Given the opportunity we have to view this film together, we felt a change of venue was in order, so the March monthly meeting will be moved to this location. The viewing is [...]
Last night, Slow Food St. Louis hosted a chocolate talk and tasting with Alan McClure, founder of Patric Chocolate in Columbia, MO. From the beginning of his talk, it became readily apparent that Alan is extremely passionate about chocolate. He also loves to educate folks about all things chocolate and educated we became about the [...]
Sign Up Time for Your 2014 CSA
So you want to join a CSA? We are now so very fortunate to have lots of options for Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) in and around the St. Louis area.
Drop. Swap. Grow. Seed Swap March 1
The event is FREE (suggested $3 donation at the door), but you must register in advance to participate. Bring seeds to share, any amount is fine by us. Please, no expired seeds! Seeds may be store-bought or harvested from your garden.
Microgrant Applications Online!
Slow Food St. Louis Small Farm Biodiversity Micro Grant Program has been supporting the preservation of biodiversity in the St. Louis (and surrounding area) food system since 2009. To date they have awarded $50,000 to small scale, local farmers, supporting more than 200 heirloom varieties and heritage breeds.
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (51384 views)
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (46748 views)
- Restaurants (24687 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (21916 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (21842 views)
- Become a Member (21174 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (20446 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (19055 views)
- Events (15842 views)
- Our Mission (15609 views)