Slow Food USA’s “Pay what you can” membership drive has been extended to October 15 and a generous donor will be matching funds. By joining Slow Food USA, you will be supporting Slow Food St. Louis and locally benefits of membership include: discounts to events, invitations to member’s only gatherings, and a personal membership card.
Our friends at EarthDance have announced their organic farming apprenticeships for the 2012 season. Get all the information at their website. There will also be a series of info sessions for those with questions on October 11 and 20.
Watch the short film, The Art of Food, which explores the Slow Food St. Louis Farmer Biodiversity Grant Program. The program has awarded nearly $20,000 to local, sustainable farmers supporting the cultivation of more than 200 heirloom produce varieties and heritage breed animals.
The Senate Appropriations Committee just announced that they would vote on Wednesday whether or not to slash the Value-Added Producer Grant program. Please call Missouri Senator Roy Blunt to let him know you oppose cutting this program. This competitive grants program helps farmers develop new businesses, build markets, and increase profits. Such enterprises increase farm […]
Annie Gunn’s Roasted Prairie Grass Farms leg of lamb on grilled Companion bread with local peaches, Goatsbeard Farm chevre, and caramelized candy onions. Araka Local Watermelon Gazpacho with Sweet Yellow Corn, Rock Shirpm and Housemade Fresh Corn Tortillas Bailey’s / Rooster 1. Fruitland Farms Chipotle Pulled Pork with Eckert’s Peach Salsa on San Louis Tortilla […]
SloWednesday: Garlic Harvesting & Curing
Wednesday, June 10 – Help St. Louis achieve independence from imported garlic as we enter the harvesting phase of Crop Sourcing: Project Garlic, and learn lessons and lore on garlic harvesting and curing.
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (63282 views)
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (56058 views)
- Restaurants (34718 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (31567 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (29906 views)
- Become a Member (27877 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (27529 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (25600 views)
- Whole Foods Market's Grass-Fed Beef Burger Cook-Off (22234 views)
- Our Mission (20864 views)