Farm Bill Comes to the Table Farm (& Food) Bill Event Comes to St. Louis The food on our plates, where it came from, and how its production affects the environment are all shaped by the Farm Bill. As Congress prepares to take up the 2012 Farm Bill, St. Louis area residents are invited to [...]
March 31st, 2008 1:30-4PM State Capitol-First Floor Rotunda If you oppose your tax-payer dollars subsidizing corporate factory farms… If you care about preserving the right to know how your food is produced… If you want to stop the National Animal Identification System (NAIS)… THEN WE NEED YOU ON MONDAY, MARCH 31st! Join Family Farmers, Rural [...]
Sign Up Time for Your 2014 CSA
So you want to join a CSA? We are now so very fortunate to have lots of options for Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) in and around the St. Louis area.
Drop. Swap. Grow. Seed Swap March 1
The event is FREE (suggested $3 donation at the door), but you must register in advance to participate. Bring seeds to share, any amount is fine by us. Please, no expired seeds! Seeds may be store-bought or harvested from your garden.
Microgrant Applications Online!
Slow Food St. Louis Small Farm Biodiversity Micro Grant Program has been supporting the preservation of biodiversity in the St. Louis (and surrounding area) food system since 2009. To date they have awarded $50,000 to small scale, local farmers, supporting more than 200 heirloom varieties and heritage breeds.
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (51388 views)
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (46773 views)
- Restaurants (24710 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (21924 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (21845 views)
- Become a Member (21182 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (20449 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (19093 views)
- Events (15848 views)
- Our Mission (15617 views)