Slow Food St. Louis is pleased to announce the 2014 SLOWednesday schedule, with a selection of educational events and a series of films that will not only whet your appetite for local, sustainable food, but will bring out the activist in you as well.
Monday, October 28 – You won’t look at food the same way again. Genetic Roulette exposes the dirt behind Big-Biotech’s big failed experiment. Never before seen evidence points to genetically engineered foods as a major contributor to rising disease rates in the US population.
Monday, August 26 – American Meat is a pro-farmer look at chicken, hog and cattle production in America. Beginning with a history of our current industrial system, the feedlots and confinement operations are unveiled through the eyes of the farmers who live and work there.
In Organic We Trust follows filmmaker Kip Pastor on a journey to answer the essential questions about organic: What exactly is certified organic? Is it really better for us, or just marketing hype?
Please join us for SLOWednesday on July 10 at Schlafly Bottleworks at 7:30 pm for an engaging conversation and screening about what Slow Food is and how we can find our way to eating Good, Clean, and Fair food.
From the people who brought you Food, Inc. – A Place at the Table shows us how hunger poses serious economic, social and cultural implication for our nation, and that it could be solved once and for all.
SloWednesday: Garlic Harvesting & Curing
Wednesday, June 10 – Help St. Louis achieve independence from imported garlic as we enter the harvesting phase of Crop Sourcing: Project Garlic, and learn lessons and lore on garlic harvesting and curing.
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (63301 views)
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (56073 views)
- Restaurants (34773 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (31589 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (29929 views)
- Become a Member (27901 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (27551 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (25617 views)
- Whole Foods Market's Grass-Fed Beef Burger Cook-Off (22252 views)
- Our Mission (20890 views)