Monday, August 18 – Filmmaker Ian Cheney planted a 1/1000th-acre farm in the back of his 1986 Dodge pick-up-truck in the spring of 2009, after coming to New York City and lacking any other place of his own to grow food.
Wednesday, August 13 – Growing Cities is a documentary film that examines the role of urban farming in America and asks how much power it has to revitalize our cities and change the way we eat.
Wednesday, July 9 – Every year, more than 400,000 American children are torn away from their friends, schools, and homes to pick the food we all eat. “The Harvest” profiles some of the children who sacrifice their own childhoods to help their families survive.
Join us the evening of Monday, June 16 at The Wolf Café in Ballwin for a free screening of “FRESH”, a celebration of the farmers, thinkers and business people across America who are re-inventing our food system.
Wednesday, May 14 – Seeds of Freedom charts the story of seed from its roots at the heart of traditional, diversity-rich farming systems across the world, to being transformed into a powerful commodity, used to monopolize the global food system.
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (63407 views)
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (56150 views)
- Restaurants (34964 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (31689 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (30017 views)
- Become a Member (28019 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (27659 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (25716 views)
- Whole Foods Market's Grass-Fed Beef Burger Cook-Off (22339 views)
- Our Mission (21024 views)