Monday, August 18 – Filmmaker Ian Cheney planted a 1/1000th-acre farm in the back of his 1986 Dodge pick-up-truck in the spring of 2009, after coming to New York City and lacking any other place of his own to grow food.
Wednesday, August 13 – Growing Cities is a documentary film that examines the role of urban farming in America and asks how much power it has to revitalize our cities and change the way we eat.
Wednesday, July 9 – Every year, more than 400,000 American children are torn away from their friends, schools, and homes to pick the food we all eat. “The Harvest” profiles some of the children who sacrifice their own childhoods to help their families survive.
Join us the evening of Monday, June 16 at The Wolf Café in Ballwin for a free screening of “FRESH”, a celebration of the farmers, thinkers and business people across America who are re-inventing our food system.
Wednesday, May 14 – Seeds of Freedom charts the story of seed from its roots at the heart of traditional, diversity-rich farming systems across the world, to being transformed into a powerful commodity, used to monopolize the global food system.
SloWednesday: Garlic Harvesting & Curing
Wednesday, June 10 – Help St. Louis achieve independence from imported garlic as we enter the harvesting phase of Crop Sourcing: Project Garlic, and learn lessons and lore on garlic harvesting and curing.
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (63301 views)
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (56072 views)
- Restaurants (34771 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (31589 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (29929 views)
- Become a Member (27901 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (27550 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (25616 views)
- Whole Foods Market's Grass-Fed Beef Burger Cook-Off (22252 views)
- Our Mission (20890 views)