Waste Land follows renowned artist Vik Muniz as he journeys from his home base in Brooklyn to his native Brazil and the world’s largest garbage dump, Jardim Gramacho, located on the outskirts of Rio de Janeiro.
Each month a different farmer from the Schlafly Farmers Market will speak about their farm, giving you the opportunity to get to know your food and its origins. On October 10, we will feature two farms from Illinois that have community-supported agriculture subscriptions (CSAs) available for the 2013 season.
Cafeteria Man is the true story of rebel chef Tony Geraci and his mission to radically reform Baltimore’s public school food system with a recipe for change. It’s about the aspiration of social activists and citizens coming together to change the way kids eat at school.
On Wednesday, September 12, SLOWednesday will feature Buila Family Farm from Cobden, IL. The Buila family – Michael and Sarah and their sons Misha and Sasha – grows nearly 250 different varieties of fruits and vegetables with no chemical pesticides, herbicides or fertilizers.
A canvas of culinary-inspired art and incredible edibles: Slow Food St. Louis announces date for “Art of Food” to benefit Slow Food St. Louis’ Small Farm Micro Biodiversity Grant and programming.
PLANEAT is the story of three men’s life-long search for a diet, which is good for our health, good for the environment and good for the future of the planet. The film presents a convincing case for the West to re-examine its love affair with meat and dairy.
One Man, One Cow, One Planet exposes globalization and the mantra of infinite growth in a finite world for what it really is: an environmental and human disaster.
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (63428 views)
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (56168 views)
- Restaurants (35020 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (31709 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (30035 views)
- Become a Member (28041 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (27686 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (25735 views)
- Whole Foods Market's Grass-Fed Beef Burger Cook-Off (22358 views)
- Our Mission (21055 views)