Wednesday, June 11 – We are excited to announce a new project from Slow Food St. Louis. Allium Sativum! No, it’s not a Harry Potter spell, it’s Latin for garlic. We want to grow garlic, lots of garlic and we need you to help us!
Wednesday, May 14 – Seeds of Freedom charts the story of seed from its roots at the heart of traditional, diversity-rich farming systems across the world, to being transformed into a powerful commodity, used to monopolize the global food system.
Slow Food St. Louis is pleased to announce that our 9th annual Feast in the Field, a multi-course dining extravaganza crafted by St. Louis’ top culinary talent, will be held on Sunday, June 8, 2014.
Slow Food St. Louis is pleased to announce the 2014 SLOWednesday schedule, with a selection of educational events and a series of films that will not only whet your appetite for local, sustainable food, but will bring out the activist in you as well.
The Sustainable Backyard Tour, held each year in June, is a unique opportunity to see firsthand how homeowners in St. Louis City and County are transforming their yards in a range of environmentally sensitive ways.
SloWednesday: Garlic Harvesting & Curing
Wednesday, June 10 – Help St. Louis achieve independence from imported garlic as we enter the harvesting phase of Crop Sourcing: Project Garlic, and learn lessons and lore on garlic harvesting and curing.
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (63281 views)
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (56057 views)
- Restaurants (34715 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (31566 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (29905 views)
- Become a Member (27875 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (27528 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (25599 views)
- Whole Foods Market's Grass-Fed Beef Burger Cook-Off (22232 views)
- Our Mission (20862 views)