Slow Food St. Louis is pleased to announce that our 9th annual Feast in the Field, a multi-course dining extravaganza crafted by St. Louis’ top culinary talent, will be held on Sunday, June 8, 2014.
Slow Food St. Louis is pleased to announce the 2014 SLOWednesday schedule, with a selection of educational events and a series of films that will not only whet your appetite for local, sustainable food, but will bring out the activist in you as well.
The Sustainable Backyard Tour, held each year in June, is a unique opportunity to see firsthand how homeowners in St. Louis City and County are transforming their yards in a range of environmentally sensitive ways.
The event is FREE (suggested $3 donation at the door), but you must register in advance to participate. Bring seeds to share, any amount is fine by us. Please, no expired seeds! Seeds may be store-bought or harvested from your garden.
Slow Food St. Louis Small Farm Biodiversity Micro Grant Program has been supporting the preservation of biodiversity in the St. Louis (and surrounding area) food system since 2009. To date they have awarded $50,000 to small scale, local farmers, supporting more than 200 heirloom varieties and heritage breeds.
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (63417 views)
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (56160 views)
- Restaurants (35005 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (31702 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (30030 views)
- Become a Member (28033 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (27677 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (25728 views)
- Whole Foods Market's Grass-Fed Beef Burger Cook-Off (22351 views)
- Our Mission (21044 views)