Each month a different farmer from the market will speak about their farm, giving you the opportunity to get to know your food, its origins, and most important, its producers. The culinary staff of the Schlafly Bottleworks will also cook a special meal utilizing products from the featured farm. June’s featured farmer is Nicola Macpherson of Ozark Forest Mushrooms.
QUEEN OF THE SUN: What Are The Bees Telling Us? Taking us on a journey through the catastrophic disappearance of bees and the mysterious world of the beehive, this engaging and ultimately uplifting film weaves an unusual and dramatic story of the heartfelt struggles of beekeepers, scientists and philosophers from around the world.
Join Slow Food USA and help us turn the momentum from our Time for Lunch campaign into legislation that protects our children’s health. As a member, you will: Get connected to your local chapter, made up of people who care about food, agriculture, health and the environment. Get invited to local, regional, national and international [...]
Announcing Art of Food 2014
Slow Food St. Louis, a non-profit organization dedicated to celebrating and supporting local food traditions, is pleased to announce that our 9th annual fundraiser, Art of Food, will be held on Friday, November 7th, from 6:00 to 10:00 pm, at The Luminary (2701 Cherokee St, 63118).
SloWednesday: Backyard Farm
Wednesday, September 10 - Join the Sadicario family to see how they’ve transformed their suburban back yard into a production garden in just a few short years.
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (57478 views)
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (53763 views)
- Restaurants (30088 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (28260 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (25418 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (24720 views)
- Become a Member (24207 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (21714 views)
- Our Mission (17983 views)
- Events (17763 views)