St. Louis’ food future beckons with delicious variety because of investments being made this year in Missouri and Illinois farmers through Slow Food St. Louis’ biodiversity grants.
Slow Food St. Louis offers grant money to further support biodiversity in the St. Louis (and surrounding area) food system. We are now accepting grant applications for the 2015 growing season.
Slow Food St. Louis Small Farm Biodiversity Micro Grant Program has been supporting the preservation of biodiversity in the St. Louis (and surrounding area) food system since 2009. To date they have awarded $50,000 to small scale, local farmers, supporting more than 200 heirloom varieties and heritage breeds.
Wednesday, September 11 - Join us for Farming and Fracking, a discussion of the importance of small rural farmers, what they do for our communities and how hydraulic fracturing (fracking) is endangering this niche in rural communities.
Weidner Farm celebrates its fifth season of farming and beekeeping, thanks to Mary Ellen Raymond. From mortgage banker to farmer, agriculture and beekeeping are part of Mary Ellen’s heritage.
Announcing Feast in the Field 2015!
Slow Food St. Louis is proud to present our 10th annual Feast in the Field event on Sunday, June 7th. This dinner is a celebration in honor of La Vista CSA Farm and their dedication to help feed Saint Louis sustainably.
SloWednesday: Local Food Challenge
Wednesday, May 13 - Explore what it means for health and wealth when we strengthen the local food system at “Eat Here! The Local Food Challenge and the $16 Billion Market”.
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (62815 views)
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (55782 views)
- Restaurants (34216 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (31142 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (29377 views)
- Become a Member (27454 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (27174 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (25291 views)
- Whole Foods Market's Grass-Fed Beef Burger Cook-Off (21900 views)
- Our Mission (20476 views)