Wednesday, April 8 – Join Slow Food St. Louis, Schlafly Farmers Market manager Brian DeSmet, and Gabriel Hahn of Seeds of Hope Farm to learn about the SNAP 2 It! Double Dollar program.
Slow Food St. Louis is pleased to announce the 2015 SLOWednesday schedule, with a selection of educational events and a series of films that will not only whet your appetite for local, sustainable food, but will bring out the activist in you as well.
Wednesday, August 13 – Growing Cities is a documentary film that examines the role of urban farming in America and asks how much power it has to revitalize our cities and change the way we eat.
Wednesday, July 9 – Every year, more than 400,000 American children are torn away from their friends, schools, and homes to pick the food we all eat. “The Harvest” profiles some of the children who sacrifice their own childhoods to help their families survive.
Wednesday, June 11 – We are excited to announce a new project from Slow Food St. Louis. Allium Sativum! No, it’s not a Harry Potter spell, it’s Latin for garlic. We want to grow garlic, lots of garlic and we need you to help us!
Wednesday, May 14 – Seeds of Freedom charts the story of seed from its roots at the heart of traditional, diversity-rich farming systems across the world, to being transformed into a powerful commodity, used to monopolize the global food system.
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (63410 views)
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (56152 views)
- Restaurants (34967 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (31692 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (30020 views)
- Become a Member (28022 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (27663 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (25718 views)
- Whole Foods Market's Grass-Fed Beef Burger Cook-Off (22342 views)
- Our Mission (21027 views)