The Sustainable Backyard Tour, held each year in June, is a unique opportunity to see firsthand how homeowners in St. Louis City and County are transforming their yards in a range of environmentally sensitive ways.
The event is FREE (suggested $3 donation at the door), but you must register in advance to participate. Bring seeds to share, any amount is fine by us. Please, no expired seeds! Seeds may be store-bought or harvested from your garden.
Slow Food St. Louis Small Farm Biodiversity Micro Grant Program has been supporting the preservation of biodiversity in the St. Louis (and surrounding area) food system since 2009. To date they have awarded $50,000 to small scale, local farmers, supporting more than 200 heirloom varieties and heritage breeds.
Monday, October 28 - You won’t look at food the same way again. Genetic Roulette exposes the dirt behind Big-Biotech’s big failed experiment. Never before seen evidence points to genetically engineered foods as a major contributor to rising disease rates in the US population.
Slow Food St. Louis is pleased to announce our annual fundraiser, Art of Food, on Friday, September 20th at the Lumen. Click the link for event details, to order tickets and to learn how you or your company can become a sponsor.
Announcing Feast in the Field 2015!
Slow Food St. Louis is proud to present our 10th annual Feast in the Field event on Sunday, June 7th. This dinner is a celebration in honor of La Vista CSA Farm and their dedication to help feed Saint Louis sustainably.
SloWednesday: Local Food Challenge
Wednesday, May 13 - Explore what it means for health and wealth when we strengthen the local food system at “Eat Here! The Local Food Challenge and the $16 Billion Market”.
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (62825 views)
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (55782 views)
- Restaurants (34216 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (31144 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (29388 views)
- Become a Member (27454 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (27175 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (25297 views)
- Whole Foods Market's Grass-Fed Beef Burger Cook-Off (21901 views)
- Our Mission (20477 views)