The Sustainable Backyard Tour, held each year in June, is a unique opportunity to see firsthand how homeowners in St. Louis City and County are transforming their yards in a range of environmentally sensitive ways.
The event is FREE (suggested $3 donation at the door), but you must register in advance to participate. Bring seeds to share, any amount is fine by us. Please, no expired seeds! Seeds may be store-bought or harvested from your garden.
Slow Food St. Louis Small Farm Biodiversity Micro Grant Program has been supporting the preservation of biodiversity in the St. Louis (and surrounding area) food system since 2009. To date they have awarded $50,000 to small scale, local farmers, supporting more than 200 heirloom varieties and heritage breeds.
Monday, October 28 – You won’t look at food the same way again. Genetic Roulette exposes the dirt behind Big-Biotech’s big failed experiment. Never before seen evidence points to genetically engineered foods as a major contributor to rising disease rates in the US population.
Slow Food St. Louis is pleased to announce our annual fundraiser, Art of Food, on Friday, September 20th at the Lumen. Click the link for event details, to order tickets and to learn how you or your company can become a sponsor.
SloWednesday: Garlic Harvesting & Curing
Wednesday, June 10 – Help St. Louis achieve independence from imported garlic as we enter the harvesting phase of Crop Sourcing: Project Garlic, and learn lessons and lore on garlic harvesting and curing.
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (63301 views)
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (56072 views)
- Restaurants (34771 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (31589 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (29929 views)
- Become a Member (27901 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (27550 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (25616 views)
- Whole Foods Market's Grass-Fed Beef Burger Cook-Off (22252 views)
- Our Mission (20890 views)