- Slow Food St. Louis has spent the past year sending our Truck Farm to schools, camps and Scout Troops to get kids “in touch” with real food.
- We have awarded more than $8k in Biodiversity grants this year to 14 local farms supporting the cultivation of over 50 heirloom produce varieties and 3 heritage breeds.
- We continue Eater Education with public film screenings, presentations, seed swaps and the production of a Farm to Table online directory
- We have just launched Crop Sourcing: Project Garlic to engage over 50 growers, including gardeners, schools and farmers, in growing over 100 varieties of garlic!
Inspired? Click here to join. If you need more motivation, please check out the wonderful member discounts and prizes for JULY:
- Circle B Ranch 10% off of $50 or more with Circle B Ranch at Midtown Farmer’s Market or on their Website through JULY and AUGUST. This discount is for direct purchase from Circle B at the Farmer’s Market or on the Website. Circle B Ranch provides a safe, all-natural home to breed, farrow and raise 100% Heritage Pork which includes Berkshire/Kurabota and Red Wattle. We run our hog farm naturally, sustainably and humanely with no added hormones or unnecessary antibiotics. Circle B Ranch raises their hogs the “old-fashioned” way, outside on the pasture where the hogs can run and exercise, the way nature intended.
- Scrumptious Pantry will offer a 20% discount for members on their website. It’s the Scrumptuous Pantry mission to revive this abundance of authentic flavors – in your kitchen and on your table. At Scrumptious Pantry, their passion is the old heirloom varieties with their amazing flavors, fragrant aromas, gorgeous colors and unique shapes. They protect them, and make them shine in pure recipes. One bite, and you’ll enter a magical world.
- Scrumptious Pantry Ark of Taste Basket contains 1 Sheboygan Tomato Relish, 1 Pickled Beaver Dam Pepper, 1 American Persimmon Hot Sauce, 1 Beaver Dam Pepper Hot Sauce, 1 Chiltepin Hot Sauce & 1 Paw Paw Curd.
- End of the Rainbow Fruit Salad & Garden Safari Vegetable Soup books published by the local authors with Kitchen Club Kids. There’s really no other children’s storybook collection that promotes healthy eating habits, fundamental learning opportunities and recipe building skills like Kitchen Club Kids.
Click here if you own a business, restaurant or farm that would like to participate by offering discounts or donations for our member benefits.