“FRESH” celebrates the farmers, thinkers and business people across America who are re-inventing our food system. Each has witnessed the rapid transformation of our agriculture into an industrial model, and confronted the consequences: food contamination, environmental pollution, depletion of natural resources, and morbid obesity. Forging healthier, sustainable alternatives, they offer a practical vision for a future of our food and our planet. Among several main characters, “FRESH” features urban farmer and activist, Will Allen; sustainable farmer and entrepreneur in Milwaukee, chick and hog farmer Joel Salatin, made famous by Michael Pollan’s book, The Omnivore’s Dilemma; and supermarket owner, David Ball, challenging our Wal-Mart dominated economy. Written by Ana Sofia Joanes.
Leave a Reply
SloWednesday: Backyard Farm
Wednesday, September 10 - Join the Sadicario family to see how they’ve transformed their suburban back yard into a production garden in just a few short years.
Outstanding in the Field
Sunday, October 5 - This year Outstanding in the Field, a traveling farm pop up dining experience, makes its debut with St. Louis chef Josh Galliano of The Libertine joined by Clayton and Ryan Trimm of Sweetgrass restaurants.
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (55926 views)
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (53339 views)
- Restaurants (29376 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (27800 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (24300 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (24121 views)
- Become a Member (23474 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (21498 views)
- Our Mission (17599 views)
- Events (17438 views)