“FRESH” celebrates the farmers, thinkers and business people across America who are re-inventing our food system. Each has witnessed the rapid transformation of our agriculture into an industrial model, and confronted the consequences: food contamination, environmental pollution, depletion of natural resources, and morbid obesity. Forging healthier, sustainable alternatives, they offer a practical vision for a future of our food and our planet. Among several main characters, “FRESH” features urban farmer and activist, Will Allen; sustainable farmer and entrepreneur in Milwaukee, chick and hog farmer Joel Salatin, made famous by Michael Pollan’s book, The Omnivore’s Dilemma; and supermarket owner, David Ball, challenging our Wal-Mart dominated economy. Written by Ana Sofia Joanes.
Join us the evening of Monday, June 16 at The Wolf Café for a free screening of “FRESH”. Start time is 6:30. This documentary is 72 minutes long and a discussion of the film will follow the screening. The Wolf is located at 15480 Clayton Rd Ballwin, Missouri 63301.
Leave a Reply 2549 views, 3 so far today |
Leave a Reply
SloWednesday: Garlic Harvesting & Curing
Wednesday, June 10 – Help St. Louis achieve independence from imported garlic as we enter the harvesting phase of Crop Sourcing: Project Garlic, and learn lessons and lore on garlic harvesting and curing.
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (63307 views)
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (56076 views)
- Restaurants (34782 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (31595 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (29933 views)
- Become a Member (27907 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (27555 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (25620 views)
- Whole Foods Market's Grass-Fed Beef Burger Cook-Off (22257 views)
- Our Mission (20901 views)