“FRESH” celebrates the farmers, thinkers and business people across America who are re-inventing our food system. Each has witnessed the rapid transformation of our agriculture into an industrial model, and confronted the consequences: food contamination, environmental pollution, depletion of natural resources, and morbid obesity. Forging healthier, sustainable alternatives, they offer a practical vision for a future of our food and our planet. Among several main characters, “FRESH” features urban farmer and activist, Will Allen; sustainable farmer and entrepreneur in Milwaukee, chick and hog farmer Joel Salatin, made famous by Michael Pollan’s book, The Omnivore’s Dilemma; and supermarket owner, David Ball, challenging our Wal-Mart dominated economy. Written by Ana Sofia Joanes.
Leave a Reply
Announcing Feast in the Field 2015!
Slow Food St. Louis is proud to present our 10th annual Feast in the Field event on Sunday, June 7th. This dinner is a celebration in honor of La Vista CSA Farm and their dedication to help feed Saint Louis sustainably.
SloWednesday: Local Food Challenge
Wednesday, May 13 - Explore what it means for health and wealth when we strengthen the local food system at “Eat Here! The Local Food Challenge and the $16 Billion Market”.
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (62852 views)
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (55786 views)
- Restaurants (34227 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (31146 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (29415 views)
- Become a Member (27468 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (27188 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (25301 views)
- Whole Foods Market's Grass-Fed Beef Burger Cook-Off (21915 views)
- Our Mission (20494 views)