“FRESH” celebrates the farmers, thinkers and business people across America who are re-inventing our food system. Each has witnessed the rapid transformation of our agriculture into an industrial model, and confronted the consequences: food contamination, environmental pollution, depletion of natural resources, and morbid obesity. Forging healthier, sustainable alternatives, they offer a practical vision for a future of our food and our planet. Among several main characters, “FRESH” features urban farmer and activist, Will Allen; sustainable farmer and entrepreneur in Milwaukee, chick and hog farmer Joel Salatin, made famous by Michael Pollan’s book, The Omnivore’s Dilemma; and supermarket owner, David Ball, challenging our Wal-Mart dominated economy. Written by Ana Sofia Joanes.
Leave a Reply
‘Genetic Roulette’ Screeing at the Wolf
Monday, November 24 - Join Slow Food St. Louis and The Wolf Café for a free screening of “Genetic Roulette”.
Announcing Art of Food 2014
Slow Food St. Louis, a non-profit organization dedicated to celebrating and supporting local food traditions, is pleased to announce that our 9th annual fundraiser, Art of Food, will be held on Friday, November 7th, from 6:00 to 10:00 pm, at The Luminary (2701 Cherokee St, 63118).
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (59102 views)
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (54122 views)
- Restaurants (30922 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (28681 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (26468 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (25240 views)
- Become a Member (25118 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (22046 views)
- Our Mission (18496 views)
- Events (18200 views)