Event starts at 7:45pm and there will be a question and answer session after the presentations.
Once a month after the Schlafly Farmers Market, Slow Food St. Louis and the market host a discussion about our local food system in the Crown Room at Schlafly Bottleworks. On Wednesday, August 14, we will be featuring several market vendors to talk about farmers markets as business incubators for food entrepreneurs. Learn how iScream Cakes, the ReTrailer and Whisk Bakeshop started or grew their businesses at Schlafly Farmers Market and other local markets. There will also be a representative from our local Slow Money organization, Gateway Harvest, to talk about how they are investing in St. Louis’ sustainable food system and local economy.
Leave a Reply 6373 views, 1 so far today |
Leave a Reply
SloWednesday: Garlic Harvesting & Curing
Wednesday, June 10 – Help St. Louis achieve independence from imported garlic as we enter the harvesting phase of Crop Sourcing: Project Garlic, and learn lessons and lore on garlic harvesting and curing.
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (63300 views)
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (56071 views)
- Restaurants (34767 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (31586 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (29928 views)
- Become a Member (27898 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (27549 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (25614 views)
- Whole Foods Market's Grass-Fed Beef Burger Cook-Off (22251 views)
- Our Mission (20887 views)