Event starts at 7:45pm and there will be a question and answer session after the presentations.
Once a month after the Schlafly Farmers Market, Slow Food St. Louis and the market host a discussion about our local food system in the Crown Room at Schlafly Bottleworks. On Wednesday, August 14, we will be featuring several market vendors to talk about farmers markets as business incubators for food entrepreneurs. Learn how iScream Cakes, the ReTrailer and Whisk Bakeshop started or grew their businesses at Schlafly Farmers Market and other local markets. There will also be a representative from our local Slow Money organization, Gateway Harvest, to talk about how they are investing in St. Louis’ sustainable food system and local economy.
Leave a Reply 6412 views, 2 so far today |
Leave a Reply
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (63432 views)
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (56173 views)
- Restaurants (35028 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (31712 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (30039 views)
- Become a Member (28044 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (27692 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (25740 views)
- Whole Foods Market's Grass-Fed Beef Burger Cook-Off (22361 views)
- Our Mission (21060 views)