This year we have reached out to local chefs to connect you with what varieties they are looking to purchase. We will be setting aside a few grant awards specifically for these items and look forward to connecting the grantees with the Chefs.
Slow Food St. Louis is now accepting applications for the Biodiversity Farmer Micro-Grants. Slow Food St. Louis has awarded $20,000 over the past three years, supporting over 200 different varieties and breeds. We are offering grant money to further support biodiversity in the St. Louis (and surrounding area) food system. The grants will be made available to farmers and producers for growing heirloom varieties and/or raising heritage breeds.
Leave a Reply 4650 views, 3 so far today |
One Response to “Microgrant Applications Now Online!”
Leave a Reply
SloWednesday: Garlic Harvesting & Curing
Wednesday, June 10 – Help St. Louis achieve independence from imported garlic as we enter the harvesting phase of Crop Sourcing: Project Garlic, and learn lessons and lore on garlic harvesting and curing.
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (63307 views)
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (56076 views)
- Restaurants (34781 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (31594 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (29933 views)
- Become a Member (27907 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (27554 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (25619 views)
- Whole Foods Market's Grass-Fed Beef Burger Cook-Off (22257 views)
- Our Mission (20900 views)