Each year, Slow Food St. Louis awards micro-grants to local farmers who are doing great things for the St. Louis food scene—whether it’s supplying local chefs with fresh produce, selling their goods at community farmers’ markets or offering Community Supported Agriculture programs. The focus of the grant program is to help farmers diversify their crops and develop a niche for themselves by growing heirloom vegetables or raising heritage livestock. The program has distributed nearly $20,000 over the past three years, supporting more than 200 heirloom crops and heritage breed animals.
One Response to “Alive Magazine: Growing Prosperity”
Leave a Reply
‘Genetic Roulette’ Screeing at the Wolf
Monday, November 24 - Join Slow Food St. Louis and The Wolf Café for a free screening of “Genetic Roulette”.
Announcing Art of Food 2014
Slow Food St. Louis, a non-profit organization dedicated to celebrating and supporting local food traditions, is pleased to announce that our 9th annual fundraiser, Art of Food, will be held on Friday, November 7th, from 6:00 to 10:00 pm, at The Luminary (2701 Cherokee St, 63118).
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (58937 views)
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (54066 views)
- Restaurants (30783 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (28615 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (26293 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (25170 views)
- Become a Member (24991 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (21982 views)
- Our Mission (18412 views)
- Events (18145 views)