The event will take place approximately one and a half hours from St. Louis at Prairie Grass Farms in New Florence, MO. We encourage guests to arrive early for small talk and snacks at 2:00PM. A walking tour of the farm with Dave Hillebrand will commence at 3:00PM, and dinner will begin at approximately 4:00PM. As slow food takes time to serve and enjoy, the ending time of the event is open.
Proceeds from the event will be used to support Slow Food St. Louis’ Micro Grant program. Started in 2009, the program has given more than $12,000 to area farmers to encourage them to produce heirloom and heritage vegetables and livestock. It is our hope that by taking on a share of the financial burden farmers are faced with by subsidizing the purchase of the necessary seed, livestock or equipment, that we can foster biodiversity to both maintain and enrich our region’s agricultural heritage.
You can find more information about our Micro Grant program on our website: www.slowfoodstl.org
Please note: Although dinner takes place under the cover of a three-sided barn, this is ultimately an outdoor event, and will take place rain or shine.
As mentioned, with only a handful of tickets still available, we expect the event to sell out fast. If any tickets remain after May 29th, the cost will increase to $120.
Remember to support the businesses that support Lambstravaganza, without them the event would not be possible:
- Monarch – www.monarchrestaurant.com
- Yia Yia’s – www.yiayias.com/stl
- SleeK Steakhouse – www.fleurdelyssf.com
- Entre Underground – www.entreunderground.com
- Five Bistro – www.fivebistro.com
- Sidney Street Café – www.sidneystreetcafe.com
- Niche – www.nichestlouis.com
- Farmhaus Restaurant – www.farmhausrestaurant.com
- Schlafly Beer – www.schlafly.com
- Les Bourgeois Vineyards – www.missouriwine.com