An article by Tom Philpott at Grist, Politics and the Dinner Table, outlines Barak Obama and John McCain’s stances on food and farm policy, and last weekend’s issue of The New York Times Magazine included an article entitled Farmer in Chief, an open letter from Michael Pollan to the next President.
Leave a Reply
Food On Film: Genetic Roulette
Monday, October 28 - You won’t look at food the same way again. Genetic Roulette exposes the dirt behind Big-Biotech’s big failed experiment. Never before seen evidence points to genetically engineered foods as a major contributor to rising disease rates in the US population.
SLOWednesday – SLU Nutrition & Dietetics
Wednesday, October 9 - Saint Louis University Department of Nutrition and Dietetics will join us to highlight their efforts to support local farmers through food processing for local schools and the newly established shared use kitchen.
- 'Ask Before You Eat' Film Series (50631 views)
- Farmer Dinner @ Atlas, Monday, August 31 (44320 views)
- Restaurants (23172 views)
- Good Gardening Good Food - Organic Home Gardening - Workshops & Films (21408 views)
- Where to Eat Slow (21234 views)
- Become a Member (20415 views)
- Slow Food St. Louis 2010 Urban Homesteading Series (20147 views)
- Events (15401 views)
- Slow Spotlight: Sassafras Valley Farm (15142 views)
- Our Mission (14847 views)